Where can I find a comparision sheet for Presenter and Animate?

Hello everyone,
after looking at the websites for the Presenter and Animate products, I’m not quite sure which one I need for my purposes.

I want to create small educational games for children. These should also be able to be used via a website in the form of HTML 5.

As I don’t currently use an LMS, I don’t really need things like SCORM at the moment.

It would be nice to be able to see a direct comparison of the features of Presenter and Animate in a table.
I’m sure there is such a thing, I just haven’t been able to find it yet.

Many thanks in advance for your help

1 Like

@Adson - My opinion would be that ActivePresenter is the right tool here.

This will be much more full-featured with the built-in interactions and such that would allow you to make the games.

You can also publish as HTML5 so that you can simply make them available on a website if that is your goal.

1 Like

Hi @Adson,

This is just a thread for you to refer to.
This user is wondering whether to use ActivePresenter or Saola Animate just like you:

We do not have a direct comparison table for these 2 tools yet as the purpose of each tool is different.

I agree with Greg that in your case, you should use ActivePresenter Pro. This edition unlock all eLearning editing features including built-in interactive questions, interaction objects, feedback layers, and score tracking,… Then, after designing those games, you will export to HTML5 and upload to your website.

Meanwhile, Saola Animate more focuses on animations and interactive web content. The strong point of Saola Animate are the smooth animations (morph animation + ease animation), which ActivePresenter is not supported.
You can see right in the thread I sent you, user mackavi created his website project using Saola Animate only.

ActivePresenter allows you to experience the Free trial without limitations in time or functionality (only for testing purposes and watermarks are embedded in the outputs), while Saola Animate offers a 30-day trial only. So, my advice is you should download both software and try using first.

But, take note that we are running the Black Friday campaign, and it lasts only 10 days, ends by November 30. Therefore, I hope you can make quick decision and not miss out this great deal once a year!

Regards,
Quynh Anh

1 Like

Thank you very much for your replies and your help :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try out the applications tonight with a small project.

If I have understood correctly, you can also use your own JavaScript with AP?
That would definitely be a useful thing to add smaller functions that are very individual.

BTW: Is it actually possible to change the size of the UI elements and UI texts? I’m working on a MacBook M2 with a high-resolution external display.

In my case, the UI of AP is quite small and it would be very helpful to be able to customize it. Unfortunately, I haven’t found anything in the preferences where this would be possible.

1 Like

Yes @Adson,

You can well apply your coding skills in ActivePresenter.
Greg is such a creative and enthusiastic user that applies his great coding skills into his projects created in ActivePresenter. You can take a look at other posts he uploaded here as references. They are all interesting games and projects.

About your question on the changes in sizes of UI elements and texts, we do not have such options in ActivePresenter.
But, it seems that you can adjust them in your MacBook by going to Screen Resolution > Displays

If this does not work, I think there is no other possible way.

BR,
Quynh Anh

1 Like

I bought AP Pro this morning and am looking forward to working with it.

I hope it’s OK if I ask a few silly questions in the near future. I’m sure it will take me a while to really understand how the program works.

I’ve already downloaded some demos and the manual from the website. I’ll have a look at that at the weekend.

Thanks again for your help and advice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We’re happy to support you in the near future, @Adson.
Please feel free to raise topics should you encounter any concerns, requests, or issues while using our software.

Best regards,
Quynh Anh