Wrong Cursor Path Starting Point after Merging Slides

Problem: Merging slides causes in some cases a too early start of the cursor path movement. See enclosed file and figure for clarification.

Slide 5 represents merged slides 1-4. When you export it in HTML-5 Documentation mode, you will see the issue. The transition of slides 1-4 is perfect, after a mouse click you can see the new slide. In slide 5 the interaction between mouse click, cursor movement and background is distorted.

Do you know the source of this issue and a proper solution? I like to merge slides, because edtiting one timeline is more convenient for me. But i often have to correct the position of the cursor manually.

ActivePresenter Version: 7.5.8

Notes: file is too large. Probably i can send you an e-mail or upload it later otherwise.

Hi Marcel,

We confirm that is a bug in the ActivePresenter 7. It will be fixed in ActivePresenter 8, which will be available in the next month. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi again,

are there any news regarding the release plan of ActivePresenter 8? For me there are in the meantime some helpful features and bugfixes announced.

Regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I’m sorry that we’ve changed the plan to release ActivePresenter 8 in Feb.

Regards

1 Like

Hi,

are there any improvements for this behaviour in AP8? I have currently tested it. In my opinion the merged slide transition is still messed. In addition to that also the transition of single slides is not smooth anymore. The click position does not fit to the slide transition.

Please see enclosed figures for clarification.

Do you know how to create a smooth transition so that after a click a new slide appears in time?

Thanks in advance and BR
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

AP8 doesn’t extend slide duration to render click effect and play click sound anymore. So a slide usually ends at the click time. Click effect and click sound are still rendered and played when transitioning to the next slide.

About merging slides, AP8 makes the next slide image appear before hiding the current slide image to prevent flickering. However, there’s a bug that make the slide images have incorrect display orders (z-orders).
Please change their display orders manually after merging so that the next slide image is below the current one as in this screenshot:

We’re sorry for this inconvenience. We’ll try to fix this bug soon.

Regards

Hi Toan,

thanks for the reply. Preventing flickering is a great enhancement. But to define the transition it will cost some additional effort. For my case the perfect merged slide solution looks like this: after the mouse click event the current slide remains for one second for rendering the click effect.

But I see that this might be my individual workflow.

Regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

When you click on a button/menu… in the captured application, that button/menu will be activated immediately and the UI of that application may change as well. If we keep the current slide for rendering the click effect, it looks like the captured application is lagging. Changing the slide right after the click event and rendering the click effect in the next slide makes the simulation look more realistic.

Regards

Hi,

I see your point. But for my case this is not relevant. I have no buttons/menus inside the application. It is rather a software demonstration. The user has only the possibility to pause/resume the demonstration or to navigate to the next or to the previos slide/video clip. The click effect is just to enhance the visual effect of the mouse click.

Regards