Windows task bar keep showing

Problem: I want to record a demonstration of a program but the windows task bar keeps showing. At first I could record with just hitting the Full Screen button and everything was fine but a few weeks later it started to show.

After that I changed the recording settings to: Custom-> Lock to application, I selected the application I wanted to record and also selected “Fit to Application”. The task bar disappears for a second and than it pops back up when the recording begins.

Please help, it’s really enoying!

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.1

Notes:

Hi,

Have you tried hiding your Windows taskbar? After hiding it, you can see the taskbar pops back up when the recording begins. In this case, you just need to click your mouse anywhere on your screen so the taskbar will disappear.

Regards,
Hang

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Hiding the task bar does work but that is a work around and not really a solution. Are there other settings I could try in Active Presenter?

Hi,

I think hiding the taskbar is the quickest way to record your screen without showing it up. So, I recommended you do that.
Regarding the 2 cases that you mentioned above, let me provide you with more clarification:

1. When you select the Full Screen button, ActivePresenter will record your entire screen regardless of your screen size. This means it will record the Windows taskbar if you don’t hide it.
  2. Recording Custom Area > Lock to Application > Fit to Application > choose the application you want to record. In this case, ActivePresenter records only the app that you selected.
    It will record the taskbar only when you choose Fit to Application and then select the preset size, for example, Full HD (1920x1080).

Please provide us a video to demonstrate your problem if the cases above are not yours.

Regards,
Hang