Windows 10 Requires Operating System Audio Speakers While Recording Video

Problem: Using Windows 7, I could set the speaker volume to a very low level (0% or 1%, but not on “mute”), and the system audio would record fine. With Windows 10 (Realtech Hi Def Audio), I find that I must set the speaker volume control at some nominal level (say 50%) in order for AP to capture the sound (the sound level indicated on the record bar varies as the system speaker volume control is altered).

This means while recording with Windows 10, the system audio must be on at some appreciable sound level. I have to plug in headphones in order to record without having system audio sounds that distract coworkers.

Is there a better fix for this issue?

ActivePresenter Version: 6.1.4 and 7.1.0

Notes:

Hi,

It seems to be a machine-specific issue. We can not reproduce it in our tests. Can you please try following steps to see if they can help:

• Uninstall audio driver.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Update the latest driver from your hardware manufacturer, don’t use the driver which installed automatically by Windows.

Regards,

I am having the same issue, and I had it system wide when I upgraded to Windows 10. I don’t think it’s limited to just this program. The main audio level was affecting the recording level for some reason.