Webcam in free version or just paid versions

I have downloaded the free version of ActivePresenter to get used to the software. We want to generate training videos, to assist with the training a webcam window of the resulting action as we step through our process would be desired. As I am evaluating before purchase, I don’t see the webcam option. Does it only exist in the paid version and if so, is it in both versions or just the Pro?

John

Hi,

The webcam option is available in both editions. Please check this tutorial for details: https://atomisystems.com/tutorials/ap7/recording-webcam-activepresenter-7/

Regards,

Ok, Thanks.
One last question, is the webcam functionality present in ActivePresenter 6.1.4? The machine we plan to use it on is 32bit.

Thanks,
John

Unfortunately, the webcam feature is only available since version 7 which runs on 64-bit OSes.

Regards,

OK, I have upgraded our machine to a 64bit computer to allow us to use the web cam. My problem now is that we are purchasing the Pro version for which I will be the only user, but I rally need it on 2 computers. The first computer is on the piece of equipment where I will be taking the screen captures and recording the movement with the web cam. After the capture I will do the editing on my desktop in my office. Can this be done with the single license since I will be the only user?

Thanks,
John

Hi,

You can transfer the license between two computers by deactivating in one computer then activating in the other one. To deactivate, on Start Page, click Resources > Deactivate Product.

Regards,