Version 2.5 feedback

Firstly, huge thank you. The update contains a range of new / improved features that make SA even more enjoyable and practical to use.

The induction of the live CSS has prompted something that I had wanted to ask for a while. It’s a great feature and really makes SA more approachable for web developers.

However, one of the issues I have with SA was that if an object needed to be initially hidden, it wasn’t visible on the page making it difficult to create the layout when you cannot see were things are. I understand that this is needed to reflect the position on the timeline for animation but this doesn’t work if the object is shown on an event trigger.

I had found an easy solution, I simply created a CSS class to set the hidden property to none. This keeps the object visible when designing but hides it automatically when published. As this is the value that SA changes for the show / hide it works normally with the in-built event.

CSS live, of course, means the objects are now hidden again on the page. It’s not a major problem, as I can simply comment out the code when designing.

However, is there a better way to solve my problem or is it possible to have a a checkbox next to the Edit CSS that toggles Live mode on and off.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We’ll consider adding options to toggle CSS live mode if there are more requests.
In your case, I think initial hidden elements should be rendered specially in Canvas (e.g. grey out, semi transparent) in future releases.

Regards

Your option is the solution I would prefer as mine would affect all the custom CSS.

I think there is still an issue with setting to grid view for scenes. It only remembers it working in grid view once you’ve open the program and a document and set that to grid view. As soon as the program is closed - it forgets the scenes pane was set to grid.

Thank you for reporting the issue. We’ll fix it in the next update.
(I see that you already reported it before but it has low priority so it is not fixed yet)

Regards

Thanks for the fixes in 2.6.

1 Like