(v 3.0.1) What does "highlighted" means by text?

I try to figure out how this works.
I can set a color of a text and let it change by following keypoints.

But highlighting does not work.
I can highlight some lletters with a color and change that highlightes area on a later point with dirrent colors. Badly I wanted some fades on that highlighing, but I dont get them to work. (Fade-In - Fade-Out)

But what does “Highlight Color” on Timeline means? I can not put any colors to keypoints on this track. It seems to me, it has no function at all …

grafik

Hi Marco,

The Highlight Color allows setting the highlight color for the text element.
At this time, Saola Animate hasn’t supported animations to highlight words or letters.
To highlight the whole text element, make sure that you change its color opacity by dragging the Highlight Color slider. Its default value is 0.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hello Thuy,

thank you very much for your response!
Selecting the complete text (and opacity) did the trick on that. :grinning:

But to be honest, this function works a bit weard. It does the same as the “fill” property, they have the same result, except I cant get a brighter green with the filled color
grafik
Both green colors are: rgbs(0,255,0,255) but the look very different.

It would be cool to have the possibility to change only a section of a text to highlighted text, including easing animation with keypoints … and not only the whole text at once.

Good morning, Marco.

Both green colors are: rgbs(0,255,0,255) but the look very different.

If the same color code is used, the colors produced are the same, believe me. In your case, I think that the fill element looks brighter due to its opacity. Please navigate to the General tab > Opacity to check it.

Let me add additional information about the highlight text function. It is possible to highlight a section of text but animating it is not possible currently.
If you want to apply animation to it, you can perform either of the ways below as a workaround:

• Insert an element (e.g. div, shape, …) under the text you want to highlight > add keyframe to animate the element fill color.

• Insert a text element above the text you want to highlight > animate the highlight of the whole newly added text.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hello Thuy,

thank you very much for your response, you dare doing a gret job on this community :green_heart:

Sadly I cant reproduce this (may be) bug, but I am very sure I checked both colorsettings and both rgba() had been identical to: rgba(0,255,0,255)

As a hint: If object opacity had been the problem the font itself would have looked much brighter as in this example, I also checkd on transitions: if there is a fade, the UI always shows the actual color values that is used on that position of fade.
As I said, I cant reproduce the problem, but if both colord had been shown with identical values, the should have been the same color on screen.

Since I cant reproduce it for sure I will go on forward. I hope Atomi will add transitions to selected characters in a future update.

In this example you can clearly see a difference in the font too when object opacity is not at 100% in my first example the textcolor does not differ that much, but the highlighted color does.

grafik

For your information, Saola Animate allows users to adjust the opacity for the entire element, the Fill color, the text color, and so on.
The “Fill with opacity 50%” element above probably applied the opacity for the entire object, that’s why both the text and background color are blurred.
If you want to blur the background color only, please adjust the opacity of the Fill color, @mbc.

Thuy