Tooltip for Button on Hover Over

Hi,

After a Break im just getting back to Active Presenter! So this is maybe a trivial questions, but here it goes:

I would like to have a little tooltip on my buttons, so that the Users can see by Rolling over a Button, what this Button does. Do i Have to make an Interaction with textbox or is there an easier way?

Thanks and greetings from Germany :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Thorghal,

Please take a look at the sample I created below.
button with tooltip.approj (412 KB)

The only way to achieve what you want is to manually add interactions for the button.
So, you will use 2 shapes, one as the main button, the other as the tooltip set Initially Hidden (right-click the tooltip shape and choose).
Then, you set up events-actions for the main button, using On Rollover and On Rollout events, with Show Object and Hide Object actions equivalently.
Details can be checked further in the sample I sent.

Some small notices for you to make the flow more time-saving:

• Uncheck Auto Advance option of the slide. This will prevent slides from auto advancing, and will be navigated based on the buttons and logical flow you have set before.
  • Rename the button and the tooltip to easily recognize and edit on the Timeline pane. To rename the button, open Selection pane (in the View tab), then double click on each object text to change.
  • Group the main button and the tooltip as one, so that later on, you will duplicate the whole group to create other buttons with tooltip. You then just need to change the text or visual look if needed.

Hope the information helps.
And glad that you’re back with our tool, dear :heart:

BR,
Quynh Anh

1 Like