Timeline trigger - audio

Problem: Audio won’t play when scene is opened in browser. After I drag and drop an audio mp3 file from Resources and then add a Timeline Trigger, and choose Play Media and choose my mp3 file that was dragged onto the scene, I then view project in browser but the audio does not start playing, it will only start playing if I mouse left click anywhere on the scene. I want the audio to trigger and play when the scene opens without mouse clicking, how do I do that?

Saola Animate version: 2.6.0

Notes:

This isn’t a Saola issue. It’s a browser issue. They started blocking Autoplay some time last year.

The easiest solution is to have some form of splash page that requires the user to click onto the document before the real content starts.

More information can be found here for Chrome: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes

Thanks macavi,

I thought there might be something like that but thought it only applied to cell phone browsing, the splash page suggestion…perfect! :slightly_smiling_face:

Well that’s another change - at least for Google - they are making the behaviour of Chrome consistent across all devices.