The Video export is not showing the video, only headers and closed captions and audio

Problem: I am trying to use Active Presenter (free version) to capture video of a TV show on the Sling application on a Windows laptop. Note: I am running the Sling application program that is installed - it is not run within a browser. I am using the Record Video function, then I export to a video file (MP4). When I run the resulting MP4 file, only the headings and the audio are captured. The rest of the video is black. If I enable the Closed Captions on Sling, also the Closed Captions are captured, but never the video images!

ActivePresenter Version: 7.5.6

Notes:

Hi,

What is the headers, can you please provide a screenshot for the issue?

Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Here is screenshot showing only header (but no video images):

Here is screenshot showing only black screen (no header, no closed captions, and no video images) - this is what shows when there is no header, or closed captions displaying:

Here is a screenshot showing Closed Captions displaying only (but no video images):

Note, in all cases the audio captures fine; I am having trouble with the video images only.

BTW, I had no problem capturing video (and audio) from a website that displayed the video on the webpage. Here is a screenshot from that capture:

[I had to respond in separate replies because the system does not allow new users to post multiple images.]

Please advise. Thank you for your help.

Dan

Hi,

Can you please try selecting Use Direct3D for recording screen to see if it can resolve the issue:

Regards,

Hi,

I tried, but it will not let me use it. I get this error:

Error while recording screen. Please disable the “Use Direct3D for recording screen” option in “Preferences” and try again.

Then when I stop the recording and look at the file in the editor, there is no recording in the timeline and all buttons are greyed out.

Dan

So, it seems to be a graphics driver issue. Please try updating graphics driver to see if it can resolve the issue or not.

Regards,