While working in AP10, I’ve noticed something happening that I did not notice in AP9: When I insert a text caption and add text it behaves as normal, but when I go to Properties > Interactivity > General > Name, type a name and press enter, a Text2Speech_# file is created for it automatically. I see the same for shapes, too. Can this be turned off or disabled?
TIA!
PS: Also can predictive text for typing be disabled?
We tried following the steps you described, but no Text2Speech file was created on our side when changing the object name.
Could you please let us know your exact ActivePresenter 10 version? Please also send us a short screen recording and a sample project where the Text2Speech_# file is created to support@atomisystems.com
Regarding predictive text, you can turn it off by clicking Text Suggestion on the status bar to switch it to the Off state.
Hi @Giang_BTL - thank you for getting back to me. I have sent the email with a Google Drive link to the video I have made. I don’t have a sample project because I keep deleting the TTS files as they are created. The video I shared has screen recordings from two computers:
Computer 1: Mac OS Tahoe 26.5, latest ActivePresenter10 Pro (my own license)
Computer 2: Mac OS Sonoma 14.1, latest ActivePresenter10 Pro (company license)
As you can see in the recording, this is happening when I rename both text captions and shapes. Those are the items I’ve identified so far (I haven’t tested anything else as I realized this while I was working on a project this weekend).
Please let me know what you figure out. Thanks!
samamara
PS: Thanks for the tip on turning off Text Suggestion!
Hi @Giang_BTL - thanks so much for confirming that. Could you please let us know here once the issue has been sorted? It’s not the end of the world as it doesn’t impede functionality, but it becomes a bit time consuming; if you have a slide with 10 captions and 10 such slides in a project, that’s 100 times that you need to wait a second for the name to change and then delete the generated TTS file, so the time adds up.
We’re happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been fixed in ActivePresenter 10.6.0.
Please update to the latest version to get the fix and other improvements.