Support for animated GIF's

Hello!

I’d love to see enabled import of 2D Cartoons in GIF format.
Use of animated GIF’s not only helps break the monotony, but can be a very effective learning tool - for instance to explain the steps of a complex procedures - much better than a piece of text or even a picture. It is the next best thing to attending a workshop and seeing a demonstrator perform the steps /watching a video, only much cheaper/easier to make.

Here are some sites where anyone can learn to create your own animated GIFs: https://gifs.com/ , https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker, or use premium tools like CrazyTalk Animator 3 and many others

Best Regards,

Hi,

It will be available in the HTML5 output in version 7. For video output, we will try to support it soon.

Regards,

This is great news!
Another feature on my wish list is about retaining powerpoint animations, triggers and audio after import. :slight_smile:
Do you have any plans regarding this?

Regards,

Ana

Hi Ani,

We have already added it in our TODO list. However, we have not a fixed plan for it yet.

Regards,

Workaround: Convert your GIF image to a video using a site like LunaPic.com and you’ll can use that.

On Lunapic.com: Upload (Select the GIF file). Then File -> Save Image and choice a video file format.

Be careful with transparent background images.

Just a question. I want to control the frame of an imported video or animated gif.
Can I do this in Active presenter?

example, if roll over video or gif A then image X goes to frame 1 of video or gif a
when roll off, go to image Y.

Hi @Roderick_McDonald

You can roll over/out another object (for example, a shape) to control the frame of an imported video/gif, but not directly roll over/out the video/gif itself.

To go to the specific timestampt in a video, you can use the Javascript: prez.time(); and the On Rollover event as in the following video: How to Go to Specific Timestamps Using JavaScript - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

To go to image Y when rolling out a shape, you can use the Show Object action in the On Rollout event to navigate to it under the condition that the image Y is hidden initially (right-click the image > Initially Hidden); or you can use the Go to Slide action if the image is on a different slide.
For example:

Hope that helps.
Regards,

1 Like

Xin Cao!
Thank you Hang Nguyen,

I am very, very impressed by this software.

1 Like