Stopping Video before the end

Stopping the video 1/2 second before the end of the Video. So that the last slide can be the end of video. Currently, video plays go to end and starts at beginning.

Hi Bob,

I’m not sure if I have understood your request correctly.

Do you mean when you preview the video in the Timeline pane, you want the playhead to stop 0.5 seconds before video ending, not going back to the beginning?

If that’s not the case, please explain your request further so we can better understand.
You can share the project and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.
If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then send the download link to us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BR,
Quynh Anh

Hi QuynhAnh_Vu,

That is correct, I want the play head to stop .5 seconds before video ending, and not going back to the beginning.

Bob

Hi Bob,

This is a default setting while you edit video in ActivePresenter. It is unchangeable.

The workaround for it is to choose a range before previewing the video on the Timeline pane.
You need to click on the the Timeline pane to define the beginning of the video (marked by the green marker). Then drag the End marker (the orange one) to the position at 0.5s before the end of the video/ timeline. At this time, the blue Playhead will follow the End marker and end its position the same as the End marker.

When you preview, the chosen range of the video will be played. And after the video finishes being previewed, the Playhead will be back to its placed position (the End marker position), not the beginning of the video/ timeline anymore.

For your information, this behavior you are encountering is applied only when you preview the video/ slide in the editor (Timeline pane). When you preview/ export your video to HTML5, the video will stop at the last slide/ frame and not go back to the beginning. Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,
Quynh Anh