Sound issues in ActivePresenter

Problem: I seem to be having lots of sound issues in ActivePresenter. If I record voice overs in ActivePresenter itself, they are very quiet and contain background hiss and other issues - which I don’t suffer from if I record the same voice over using other software - using the same hardware and on the same computer. But, also, if I record the voice over in Audacity and then import it into ActivePresenter, the sound quality in ActivePresenter is much poorer than in the original file that is imported - and I have tried listening to the same file in Audacity, Windows Media Players and VLC and in all these other softwares, the audio files sound good - just not in ActivePresenter. Why is this, and can it be fixed? Also, why are voiceovers, when recorded directly in ActivePresenter, so much quieter than when I record using the same hardware in other packages - even when the ActivePresenter calibration is set to is maximum setting?

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.5.0 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2021.06.02)

Notes:

1 Like

One weird thing is that if I have the Audacity window activated, the sound in ActivePresenter sounds much louder and better. If I close Audacity - ActivePresenter’s sound does not work properly. If I have Audacity open but not the active program, then the sound in ActivePresenter still suffers from issues. I see the same feature if I open VLC too - with VLC open and the active window, ActivePresenter sounds good; with VLC closed or open, but not not the active window, then ActivePresenter’s sound quality decreases. This effect does not occur if I have Word, Firefox or other apps at the active window - these seem to have no impact on the sound quality in ActivePresenter.

Hi David,

Can you please send the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so we can check?
To view the log:

• In Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous.
  • Click View Log.

Regards,

I have sent it in, thank you, David

I think it may be related to how the audio is tagged or recognized by my system. The audio from active presenter seems to be being recognized as a “Voice” type audio stream and that activates the Dolby Voice profile - meant for internet/skype calls. When I open VLC or Audacity they change the Windows/Realtek/Dolby audio setting to movie or music modes - when ActivePresenter get activated again, the sound level drop back to the Voice levels. How do these other programs force this skype call feature to be overridden - even when they are not playing anything?

Thanks for your information.
We are checking for the problem and will try to get back to you soon.

Regards,

Hi David,

Do you use Dolby Access? We don’t have much experience with this software and the problem doesn’t happen in our tests. Is there any setting that prevents the audio profile from switching automatically?

Regards,

I’m having a similar issue. I record my audio in Audacity or even PowerPoint and it sounds better than when I import the.wav file into Active Presenter. When it’s in AP sometimes it sounds like I’m under water.
I think the play head doesn’t move smoothly and may be the problem. When I export it as a .mp4 it sounds a bit better.

Hi Liz,

Can you please send the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so we can check? Hopefully, we can find out something from the log.

Regards,

I did send it on August 12

Hi Liz,

We didn’t not receive any email from you or related to this problem in that day. Can you please send it again?

Regards,

I just resent it - Sorry, I initially sent it to an incorrect email address.

We received the email this time.
We will check and let you know soon.

Regards,

Hi Liz,

Please deselect the Use software rendering option (ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous) as in the image below to see if it helps:

Regards,

Hello, i’m having audio issue, i have no audio in timeline after exporting , the file is 1.5 gb of 2 hour video so i’m pretty sure i have audio.

Hi mc_lam,

Can you hear audio when previewing inside ActivePresenter? If yes, please make sure that the Export Audio option is checked when exporting to video.

Regards,

ActivePresenter Free Edition
Versão 8.5.1

Estou com problemas de configurações de áudio que inicio o ActivePresenter, surge a seguinte mensagem:
Erro do ActivePresenter

Falha ao inicializar uma biblioteca multimídia.
Os recursos relacionados ao áudio / vídeo não funcionam corretamente!

Esse erro não permite a gravação do áudio dos vídeos. Não tenho anti-vírus.

Obrigado.

Hi Rodolfo,

Please take a look at the last response in this thread to see if it helps: Failed to initialize multimedia Library - ActivePresenter / Support Questions - ATOMI Community (atomisystems.com)

Regards,

That seems to help. Thank you, Liz