Save progress - not using LMS

Hi there,

Is there a way for users to save their progress on their course without using an LMS? I am planning to upload the course as a link on a web.

Please advise,

Amaya

Hi Amaya,

Unfortunately, it is impossible (or requires extensive coding).
We are going to launch an LMS which allows uploading courses for free at https://activepresenter.online/. Please note that this site is still in experimental stage.

Regards,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Do you know when your LMS will be fully functional?

Thanks,
Amaya

I don’t know the exact date but it may be available around the end of this month or in the next month.

Regards,

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding your LMS:

• Is it going to be cloud-based?
  • Do you have a list of features for this LMS?
  • How can I find out the release date?

Thanks,

Amaya

Hi Amaya,

Here is my answers for your questions:

Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Does your LMS system integrate with single sign-on functionality? I am afraid I do not see it on the list of features from Moodle.

Thanks,
Amaya

Hi Amaya,

Currently, it only supports sign in via Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Accounts like the below screenshots:

Regards,

Thanks for the info.

We are going to try your new LMS - do you have any guide documentation for it?

Regards,
Amaya

Hi Amaya,

We are preparing some tutorials for the LMS. However, it is almost similar to Moodle documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Main_page

Regards,

Thanks but I already had a look to Moodle documentation. I found some parts a bit confusing…but I will have another read!
In the mean time, could you answer me the following questions:

• how can I customise a dashboard for only my students?
  • how do I hide the rest of courses so my students only see my course?
    I understand that when I create an account I have admin’s rights, isn’t?

Please advise and again thanks for your help.
Regards,

Amaya

Please find my answers below:

• Only administrator can customize the dashboard page but it will affect entire the system. Students can also customize their dashboard, but not teacher.
  • When you create an account, you have the teacher’s permissions. You can not hide other courses which published by other users, but students can viewer only courses assigned to them in their dashboard.

This system just aimed to provide quick way for ActivePresenter users to share their courses without knowing to much about LMS (something like YouTube or SlideShare). For professional or business purposes, you still need to host your own LMS.

Regards,