Saola text hyperlink

Hi everyone

I have not achieved my goal: a paragraph that has a word that allows hyperlink to activate an element for animation.

For example I want to create a mini book with so much text … each letter appears a photo or video.

Thank you.

If you’re trying to add an actual HTML hyperlink, then you can use the toolbar that pops-up when you double click the text - there is an insert link icon.

However, if you want to control aspects of the Saola project (timelines / hide / show / etc), then the simplest way would be to draw a transparent shape over the words / letters you want to link from and attach an event to that shape.

You already have hype tumult but in Saola Animate as ???

<a href="#" onclick="HYPE.documents['index'].startTimelineNamed('calendar', HYPE.documents['index'].kDirectionForward)"> calendar</a>

You can do it through code.

This projects gets all the anchor elements and attaches an onclick event that passes the content of the tag to a function that uses it to trigger specific timeline animations.

hyperlinks.saolapack (2.5 KB)

Hi mackavi,

Thank you for your sample project.

Timeline.play() doesn’t restart the timeline, so it’s better to use timeline.play(0 /* timestamp in ms */), or timeline.start().

Regards