Saola Animate Update/Upgrade scheduling

Dear Support,

I have bought Saola Animate and switched to Lifetime recently, hoping I could get a product with reasonably fast update schedule.

Unfortunately, almost one year and a half has passed since latest update of Saola Animate (3.0.1) and nothing seems to be in the horizon yet. I certainly do NOT expect it to be updated so frequently just like Active Presenter, but I think that its update/upgrade scheduling is certainly slow.

Please let me know about future updates of the software !

Sincerely yours,
Nikolaos Papageorgiou

Hi Nikolaos,

Thanks for your interest in Saola Animate.

Saola Animate is still running well for its primary purposes, so this year we will just release a minor update to ensure that it’s fully compatible with the new OS version or platform.

In the meantime, please feel free to follow up with us if you want to request any new features or encounter any bugs while using it.

Sincerely,
Quynh Anh

To jump in on this thread, yes, Saola is running really well. I’ve been building quite large projects now for several years, some over one hundred scenes and the program continues to be stable and user friendly. In addition, these projects are used by over 10,000 people on different platforms and without issue.

If I had any recurring niggles they would be:

• On iPads, using short sounds of less than one second, IE beeps for buttons, only work once per scene. If you try to play the same sound again, it only plays part of the audio. I’ve not had a chance to look at it in detail and maybe somebody already knows a solution.

• It would be really helpful, if one of the minor upgrades could include the ability to sort the resources & functions panes in alphabetical order.

Regards,

2 Likes

Hi Quynh Anh,

When will the minor update be released?

Best Wishes,

saratogacoach

BTW, hello mackavi from your old Opus friend Stephen=saratogacoach)

Hi,

We could not reproduce the short sound error on iPad.
Thus, next time you encounter this issue, please send us your project package and the HTML5 link host on your server so we can check further.

Sincerely,
Quynh Anh

Hi Saratogacoach,

Thank you so much for you interest in Saola Animate.
Hopefully, the update will be released in the end of November, so please stay tuned for our announcement.

BR,
Quynh Anh

Hi,

Here’s a simple example of it. The yellow buttons have a longer sound. I can click each button and it will trigger the audio. The blue buttons have a shorter sound. After the first play, the sound fails to work again.

ipad-short-sound.saolapack (18.2 KB)

Hi,

We have reproduced the issue on several iOS versions and will check to see if it can be fixed.
We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,