Responsive Layouts: What Am I Doing Wrong?

I just spent all day creating tablet and mobile versions of my HTML5 presentation after converting it to a responsive project. I was happy with how it looked in ActivePresenter, then exported it to test it in the browser, and… it looks like absolute garbage. Nothing is as it looked in ActivePresenter.

I set “Scale text with object” on all the text areas, and my page elements are all set to percentage sizes (not pixel sizes), but the text stays a fixed size as the portal shinks, while images move around in unwanted ways.

What am I missing?

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you please send your project file to support@atomisystems.com so that we can investigate the issue more thoroughly?

Best regards,

Giang

I sent the file on the 17th. Please let me know if you haven’t received it.

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for following up. Your email was unfortunately missed as it went to our spam folder. Sorry for the delay.

We’ll check the issue and get back to you soon.

Best regards,
Giang

Hi Alistair,

We’ve reviewed your project and sent our feedback via email. Please check your inbox for the details.

Best regards,
Giang

Thanks so much for your really detailed and helpful reply.

For anyone else who faces this issue in the future, this was a case of user error: I was thinking I could just position things where I wanted them in ActivePresenter and that would be reproduced in the browser, but in the end I still need to create a responsive-style design with flexboxes and such. (Ugh, guess I have to finally learn how to do that.)

Understandable: ActivePresenter is magic, but it can’t do all the work…

1 Like

You’re very welcome! We’re glad the suggestions and sample project were helpful.

If you have any questions while working, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Giang