Recover my recording conent

Hi,
I recorded a 5 hour video using ActivePresenter.
I clicked square shaped button to finish my recording.Then there was a pop up on the center of my screen. Nearly after an half an hour my computer went off because off a power cut.Is there a
way which I could retrieve my recording. The video I recorded is very valuable and impotent to me.So please consider this as an argent and impotent matter.
Thank you very much
Looking forward for a reply.

Hi,

You can search for cached recorded video file in
C:\Users<your_user_name>\Documents\ActivePresenter.ActivePresenterCachedProjects

There are no other ways to recover the recording, unfortunately.

I just want to add that you shouldn’t use ActivePresenter to record such a long session. ActivePresenter was designed mainly for creating high quality training videos with more emphasis on editing capabilities.

Hi Dan Le ,
Thanks for replying me.
I will follow your advice afterwords.
As you suggested me I followed the directory you gave me,
But could not find ActivePresenter.ActivePresenterCachedProjectson my Documents…
So, does that mean I lost my project ??
Thanks very much.
Looking forward for your reply…

Hi,

Could you please take a look at the cached folder again:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\ActivePresenter\.ActivePresenterCachedProjects

Please kindly be noted that “.ActivePresenterCachedProjects” is a hidden folder so you might need to turn “Show Hidden Files” option on to see it.
If there are video files here, you can copy them to another folder and open with ActivePresenter for editing. Otherwise, there is no way to recover your video.

Regards,

Hi,
Thanks very much for your guiding.
Was able to find my file.
I’m Impressed with your costumer care service.
Once again Thanks very much.

1 Like