Recorded the Wrong Screen (Desktop Image) Instead of Power Point

Hi All,

When using the “Record Software Simulation”, select “Custom” recording area (with blue box lines), locked the application to “Power Point”. Hence, the blue box is showing on the Power Point screen.
However, ActivePresenter for some reasons recorded my “desktop image” instead.
Please share your experience or solutions to this issue. Thank you.

Hi Hidayat,

Maybe PowerPoint is running with a higher privilege than ActivePresenter so ActivePresenter don’t have enough permission to record PowerPoint. Please try running ActivePresenter as administrator to see if it works.
Please note that ActivePresenter just records what’s showing in the recording area on the screen. So don’t minimize or move PowerPoint window outside the recording area.

Regards

Hi Toan,
Thank you for you quick response.
Could you please advise on how to run ActivePresenter as “administrator”.
Thank you.

Hi Hidayat,

Just right-click ActivePresenter shortcut on your desktop, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.

Regards

Hi Toan,
I am already logging in as the administrator in the MacBook Air (MacOS), but it is still recording my “desktop image” instead of Power Point slides (although it is already marked with ActivePresenter records software simulation blue border).
By the way, I am using the ActivePresenter “Free Edition”, is there the limitation here?
Thank you.

I’m sorry, I assumed you’re using Windows.
If you’re using macOS Catalina 10.15, you need to allow ActivePresenter to record your screen in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording.

Regards

Hi Toan,
Brilliant! It is now recording the Power Point slides as expected.
Thank you for your time and support.
Cheers.

Hi Toan,
Is it possible to produce an MP4 file format from ActivePresenter recording?
Thank you.

Hi Hidayat,

Yes, you just need to select Export > Video and select the MP4 format in the dialog.

Regards,

Hi Toan,
Thank you for the information. It works perfectly.
How to insert a voice on a pre-recorded video? Also, does it have to be done before we exported the “project” or after being exported to MP4?
Thank you.

Hi,

The editing process should be done before exporting. You can find a lot of useful information at https://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/tutorials/

Regards,