Program occasionally freezes when adding a keyframe

Problem: Sometimes when I add a keyframe to the X/Y translation parameter, Saola Animate freezes and I have to force quit and restart the program. This issue was not resolved after uninstalling, updating my macOS version and reinstalling the software.

Saola Animate version: 3.1.4

OS: Sonoma 14.4

Notes: Let me know if providing an error report will help and I will get that here when it happens again. Thank you so much for all the work you have done on Saola Animate.


Yes, please share the log file so that we can check. You can drop it here or send it to
The log file Saola Animate.log can be found in the following folder:
/Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/ATOMI/Saola Animate

Thank you for your nice words.

I’ve sent a copy of the error report to the support e-mail. Thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

Hi @paximago,

We received your email but the attached file is not the log file, dear.
Since we cannot reproduce the issue, please send the Saola Animate log file in /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/ATOMI/Saola Animate and the project package (File > Save As > Package) to our support email address for further investigating.


My apologies, I assumed the error report generated when I force quit the program would contain the same information. I sent that one because there is no ATOMI or Saola Animate folder in my Application Support folder. The only “Saola Animate” items on my HD are the application itself and the folder containing my projects.

I can still send you the project package and more information about the error I have observed if that would help, but I understand if that is not enough to investigate the problem.


Here is the Saola Animate folder where you can find the log file:

If you see nothing, take a look at Applications to see if Saola Animate is there.
If it isn’t there, it seems that you have a problem with the installation.
You need to re-download the Saola Animate setup file > run it > drag the Saola Animate icon into the Applications.


My Macbook folders are differently organized. My user folder does not have the “library” folder. Instead it is in the Macintosh HD directory. The Application Support folder within does not have an ATOMI or Saola Animate folder.

Saola Animate is present in my Applications folder.

I uninstalled Saola, restarted my MacBook, and reinstalled the program. This still did not create a Saola Animate folder in the Application Support library.

I am really sorry that I can’t figure out how to find this log file. I don’t want to eat up your time with something so basic.

However, I started a new Saola project and figured out how to consistently reproduce the error I described at the beginning:

STEP 1: Create a shape or import an image into the workspace. Then apply a Translate X/Y Keyframe for the object at the beginning of the timeline.

STEP 3: Add a second Translate X/Y Keyframe later in the timeline. However, do NOT enter new values for X and Y. Keep them at 0px.

STEP 4: Finally, try to add a third Translate X/Y Keyframe between the first and second one.

If you enter new values on Step 3, the program works normally when you add the third keyframe. However, if you do not change the values, the program freezes when you try to add the third keyframe. I have Autokeyframe turned off for this whole process, in case that makes a difference.

I hope this information is helpful! Thank you for your patience.

Hi @paximago,

Thank you for your detailed description with the screenshots so we can understand exactly your issue.

Regarding the log file, you accessed the wrong path /Library/Application\ Support so that’s why you cannot see the log.
The correct path to get the log file here /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/ATOMI/Saola Animate
I also attached a short video with the correct steps to get the log file. So, next time, if you face another issue when working with the app, you can follow the correct path and send the log file to us.

Regarding the current issue, we confirm that it is a bug. The development team will discuss it further and try to fix it. Thanks for your reporting.
In the meantime, please try entering new values on Step 3 as you did to overcome the issue.


It turns out my user Library folder was hidden, so there was an issue with my user permissions settings. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be able to provide a log file next time if I run into another problem.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

1 Like