Problems with saving

When I save my file after I have created a video, there have been multiple occasions where I save the file, then open it up the next day to work on it, and the video or audio isn’t pulling up and working. It comes up with a window that says the resource file not found. Below is an example:

2018-06-28 08:20:05: Resource file not found: C:\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10023_Video_001.1.mkv
2018-06-28 08:20:05: Resource file not found: C:\Users\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10024_.wav
2018-06-28 08:20:05: Resource file not found: C:\Users\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10038_Video_001.1.mkv
2018-06-28 08:20:05: Resource file not found: C:\Users\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10039_.wav
2018-06-28 08:20:05: Resource file not found: C:\Users\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10040_.wav

I’m saving it as the file type approj. Is there a way to correct this? Or a method I can follow where it is not losing all of my work?

Thanks.

Hi Batman,

For performance reason, ActivePresenter stores large media files in an external data folder named in the pattern PROJECT_FILE_files. You should copy/rename this folder when copying/renaming project.

Regards,

So how do you fix the link to the file when you rename it back?

I think it is quite simple. You just need to put the files in the correct locationd as the warning lines in the log file such as:

Resource file not found: C:\Users\Desktop\Active Presenter Supervisor\IEX\Supervisor Training - IEX_files\10040_.wav

Regards,

I figured it out. I didn’t realize I had sections pasted from a previously worked on timeline that was looking for a different file that the one I was currently working with. I assumed that pasting a timeline section into a new file would save it to that new file’s _file.