Problem with Key strokes

Problem:

I’m trying to build an application for practising times tables. Since I want the application to run on mobile as well as PC, I’m making it for keyboard and mouse/touch.

The application works fine, except for one thing:
When the user types any letter on the keyboard, it’s being registrered as the number 2.

Take a look at the attached approj file. Anyone any ideas?

  • The numbers on the screen-keypad add the corresponding number to a variable.
  • I’ve used key strokes for all the numbers, to be able to record the input from the keyboard.
  • I could add keystrokes for all the letters and then add not a single action to them to prevent them from doing anything, but that seems a bit silly.

test keypad.approj (2.0 MB)

ActivePresenter version:

AP 10.6.1

OS:

Windows 11 PRO 26H2

Hi Koen,

The input actions in your project are attached to On Key Press, which can also run when the pressed key does not match the configured Key Stroke. Several actions therefore run in sequence, leaving “2” in the answer field.

We’ve attached an updated project with these actions moved to On Correct, so each action runs only when its configured key is pressed. Your existing scripts and mouse keypad remain unchanged.

We tested the updated project in ActivePresenter 10.6.1: letters leave the answer unchanged, while digits, numpad keys, Backspace and Delete work as expected.

test keypad corrected.approj (2.0 MB)

Thanks so much!

It works flawlessly!