No completion status sent when presentation is completed in LMS

Problem: I’m publishing a training in SCORM 2004 format. It works ok in LMS but at the end (there is no blocking, the presentation is completed) after closing the window, it does not seems to send completion information as the LMS seems to be waiting (javascript is waiting to get the results…)

ActivePresenter version: 7.6.1

Notes: How can I troubeshoot? I’ve uploaded a minimal presentation (only one question slide) but the error is still occuring.

Hi Martin,

We have tested with version 7.6.1 but found no issue as you described.
The version you are owning, ActivePresenter 7 - Standard license, was released a long time ago.
It is quite old and not updated frequently. Currently, we only fix serious bugs in this version.

Please kindly download our latest version, ActivePresenter 9, and try the Free trial to see if the problem you mentioned still persists.

Look forward to your update.

BR,
Quynh Anh

Thanks for the reply.
Test SCORM.approj (368 KB)
I’m sending you my ActivePresenter Test. I’m generating with SCORM 2004. Can you let me know if your LMS receving the completion status? Note: I’m testing with KnowBe4 LMS…
Note: I will also try with the newer version of ActivePresenter.
Question: Is there an upgrade price to go from my standard version 7.6.1 to the latest pro version?

Thanks.

Hi Martin,

We have tested your project on Moodle and still found no issue.

Some of our customers working with KnowBe4 have used ActivePresenter 9 and not encountered this issue. So, as I suggested, kindly download and try ActivePresenter 9 and let me know how it goes.

To upgrade your license to the latest Pro version, you need to go through 2 steps:

Hope this clarifies.

BR,
Quynh Anh

Hello, I can’t get my LMS to see the completeness of my Scorm. The Scorm has 22 devices that you have to see, I put 17 in the completeness before the export and yet I never arrive at the completeness. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

Please make sure that the presentation is not paused at the last slide:

• Auto-Advance property of the last slide is selected. A slide without any question can be paused if its Auto-Advance property is not checked.
  • There’s no interaction on the last slide with Pause presentation to wait for user input option selected.

If it’s still not the case, please send your project file (.approj file, not SCORM output) with external data folder (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.
If the project file is large, you can upload it to a cloud storage service like Google Drive and share the link.

Regards,

Hi again,

We have checked the file you sent via email and it’s exactly the case I mentioned above.
The last slide includes 2 buttons (Interviews and Retour Sommaire) that has the Pause presentation to wait for user input option selected:

If this Pause presentation to wait for user input option is selected, it means that your presentation/ course has not yet ended.
This leads to the incomplete situation when you check the output on LMS. I’m sure that there must be a warning dialog pop-up about this issue when you choose Export to SCORM.

To solve it, you can uncheck the Pause presentation to wait for user input option in each button, and set the exit animation of each button as None.
Or, add another button to the last slide with the On Click event and End Presentation action.
This button is set up so that learners have to click on it to end the presentation. So, you can add some guidance (e.g: Click here to finish the course) to notify learners if they don’t need to click the other 2 buttons any more.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,
Quynh Anh

Thanks a lot, I will try…

1 Like