MKV file missing after copying approj to a new computer

Hi,
We use Activepresenter 7 and we created an .approj file by recording a video - screen capture, adding voice narration (video tutorial). We copied the .approj file to google drive and then to another computer.

When opening a file I get an error
“Resource file not found: D:\folder\folder\Video_1.mkv” although the file is 34 MB large containing 3 min video.

Skipping an error I can see a grey slide and video properties. I can hear the voice narration.

What is the reason for this situation?

Regards

Hi,
ActivePresenter stores large audio/video files in a folder named _files in the same folder with the project file (.approj)
So if you rename, copy, move or share the project file, make sure to do the same with that folder too. Let say your project file name is “RecordingA.approj” then the folder name should be “RecordingA_files”. If you want to copy your project to another location then you should copy that folder along with the project file too.

Regards,

1 Like

So how do you fix the file when you rename it back?

Hi,
Renaming it back is all you need to do. After that it should open propertly.

Regards,

Hi Dangle,

Thank you for the tips provided on this. My colleague uploaded all his project files (.approj) on G Drive, and when I am uploading it, I am facing the same issue than mitjab. While we do the reverse process, he can open and use my approj.files on ActivePresenter.

Thus, I have one more question: where are the “A_files” of your “ProjectA.approj” are originally located? My project files (approj) are in my active presenter folder, but I can’t find the extra files folder.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mar,

It depends on your project. If there is no large audio/video file (> 50MB by default), there will be no external data folder. Otherwise, the folder should be in the PROJECT_FILE_NAME_files pattern.

Regards,

1 Like

I found the simplest solution of all: reboot the computer if it’s a new ActivePresenter install.