Merging slides large for projects

Problem: My course is over 200 slides. I want to merge them in batches, making it easier to do final edits. Is this possible?
I copied a few, 3-4, and started another project to practice. The practice went well, but it didn’t go well when I tried with the course.
First, I merged about 25 slides and replayed them; the sound was there, but the images were not visible on some. I noticed they were short, so I lengthened those slides, but that did not help. Then, I reduced the number of drops in the batch, but they merged with the initial set.
In another attempt to resolve my issue, the program batched the entire course, so I wondered what would happen. The file is so large the pictures would not load, so I inquired about the batching process. I am no tech genius, but I think you will suggest shrinking the file, so what would be the best way to do this and maintain the integrity of the result? (frame size and whatever else I don’t know about) I hope I am not outside of the scope of what the program does. Please help me move this forward.
I tried to be as transparent as possible; thank you for your patience.

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hi Tony,

It seems that the images in your slides have large size. That’s why the issue was caused.
Please try reducing the image size as suggested previously to see if it works.
In case the issue still persists, kindly send the project to support@atomisystems.com so we can check.

In addition, you should consider how large the project is, as larger projects may require a powerful computer.

Regards,
Thuy

Thank you, Thuy, for your response. In light of my line of questioning, would I assume I cannot merge the project in batches?

I would like to explain more information to you, @Biggierat.

If the number of photos, audio, and videos in the slide is too large, it will slow down a lot, and the weak device may freeze. When merging slides, you put many resources into 1 slide, so it can cause issues. Merging 200 slides is not feasible.

I merged about 25 slides and replayed them; the sound was there, but the images were not visible on some

The file is so large the pictures would not load, so I inquired about the batching process. I am no tech genius, but I think you will suggest shrinking the file, so what would be the best way to do this and maintain the integrity of the result?

If some images are not visible even when you reduce their size as guided in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NHSay6cq10, this also depends on the number and size of other resources in the slide.

I reduced the number of drops in the batch, but they merged with the initial set.

In light of my line of questioning, would I assume I cannot merge the project in batches?

You can merge all the project’s slides or some as you expect. If you just merge some slides, make sure that in the 2nd merging time, you don’t select the merged slide previously. By doing so, they won’t be merged with the initial set. Please notice when selecting the slides before merging.

making it easier to do final edits

Actually, if you consider how easy it is to edit or not, it depends on the number of other objects, the animations, etc. Merging too many slides will make it more difficult to edit exactly

Hope it clarifies.
Regards,
Thuy

Thank you, Thuy, for taking the time to help me understand. With some time, I corrected most of the issues and learned a lot in the process. I have two questions: 1. When exporting the project, if I export as a video, would I have to merge them first? That may solve most of my woes, and 2. after the project is exported and there is an error, how would you correct it? Would I need to import the project again?

Regarding your questions, here are my answers:

1. When exporting the project, if I export as a video, would I have to merge them first?

When you export your project in ActivePresenter as a video, merging the slides is unnecessary.
ActivePresenter will create a video output that combines all your project elements, including slides, annotations, transitions, animations, etc. This approach can simplify the process and help you achieve your goals more efficiently.

2. after the project is exported and there is an error, how would you correct it? Would I need to import the project again?

No, you don’t need to import your exported video again. You just need to make corrections or adjustments to your original project within ActivePresenter, and then re-export the project to video.

Nice day.

@Biggierat -
I do not have familiarity with the requirements of your course or nature of your project so forgive my questioning if it does not fit your use case.

Is it a requirement to merge and have one large project?
My experience has been that creating a course which is made up of many small lessons is better than a course made up of one big one.

1. It helps keep file sizes down helping you meet LMS file size caps and upload times.
  2. If edits need to be made - I only risk breaking one small part or having one part down temporarily
  3. If a file is corrupted I might only lose one small part and not the entire course.
  4. Learners can consume the course in smaller chunks allowing them to fit learning in when it works and allows them a sense of success and progress by completing a full lesson.
2 Likes

Hi Greg,
Thank you for jumping in and clarifying my issue with your insights. This is something to consider as I am unfamiliar with the course creation experience overall. Still, I have had a great time learning and making progress with the support team from AP and now contributors like yourself. Thank you so much. I am seeing more and more how great this product is.

2 Likes