Internal Microphone stops working after first video

Problem: I just got a new computer and installed the latest version of ActivePresenter and would open a session and record a video with no issue, but then would start another video (in the same project) and when finished and reviewing would realize there was no sound. Also, when I start a new video (not the first) the initial record video does shows Audio as on, but the volume wouldn’t be registering my voice. If I save and close the project, and then try again, the video is fine, but again, when you go to record a 2nd time, the microphone doesn’t seem to register. Sometimes after 5 minutes or so, the internal microphone comes back, but most of the time I have to shut the session and re-open after each video recording. When this happens, it also messes up the microphone outside of ActivePresenter as well - voice recorder doesn’t work either, etc. I uninstalled and re-installed the prior version of 7.5 that is available for download, and this behavior stopped happening. However, I can’t open any of the projects I created with version 8 (there were only 2, but one of them has a 40 minute recording). Has anyone else experienced this and found some sort of solution other than reverting back to the prior version of ActivePresenter?

Thank you, Jennifer

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.3.2

Notes:

Hi,

Can you tell us which audio device did you use to record? A screenshot like this would be very helpful:

Besides, please send us the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.

To view the log,

• In Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous.
  • Click View Log.

Regards,
Hang

Hi - so first is a screenshot when I first open and go to start a video and I took while speaking - shows microphone as input device and selected, and also volume is up to max and shows how it is registering the sound while I am speaking.

Jennifer

The other screenshot is from when you attempt to start additional recordings, and it still shows the input device with the same selections, volume is up, but even though I’m talking during this screenshot just like the first, it doesn’t seem to register the speaking/sound. (It’s not just an issue with the view or anything, if you go ahead and record, it has no sound in the project video either).

I’m including the log here (it wouldn’t let me attach it for some reason):

<< sorry - i misread initially - I am taking the log notes out of this and emailing them now >>

From that log session - within the project view - screenshot with first video select and you can see in Audio_003 at the bottom that sound was captured

in the 2nd video info, no sound. It’s just very strange, because as soon as I re-install the old version, this behavior stops occurring and the sound for every video is fine.

Thanks for your information.

Unfortunately, we could not find out any clue from the log. Can you please help us to check if the following temporary version works? ActivePresenter_v8.3.2_20210318_setup.exe - Google Drive

Regards,

I tried this as well and it did the same thing. After that, I reinstalled the old 7.5.15 and the problem stops. I don’t see anything that different between the logs either…

I am sorry for bothering you but can you please share the log for version 7?

Regards,

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing the log.
We still could not reproduce the problem on our machines. Can you please try the following steps to see if it works?

• Uninstall audio driver.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Install the latest audio driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Regards,