Inner HTML (not HTML Widget)

Hello!

I am coming fom Tumult Hype. Though I am finding Saola Animate better in most aspects that I need, I really miss a feature that Tumult Hype had. I could add Inner HTML to any element. Please note, I’m not talking about HTML Widget as that creates an <iframe> element and that’s not what I want. Inner HTML allows us to add HTML content inside an element.

Just for example, we can copy-paste the contents of an SVG code as Inner HTML in a Rectangle. So, that Rectangle would now work as a container for the SVG.

Another example would include adding a form inside a container, instead of <iframe>.

One more example can be found here: https://forums.tumult.com/t/smoke-effect-as-background/17970
In that, I had achieved the result that the OP wanted using Inner HTML.

So, we can see, there are a lot of uses of Inner HTML and it’s very important. HTML Widget is fine, but, I prefer using Inner HTML. Please consider this.

1 Like

innerHTML isn’t unique to Hype - it’s a standard part of the HTML DOM. To use it with Saola, just get the DOM object associated with the Saola element:

doc.getElement("DivA").dom.innerHTML = '<svg width="400" height="110"><rect width="300" height="100" style="fill:rgb(0,0,255);stroke-width:3;stroke:rgb(0,0,0)" /></svg>'

1 Like

Hello!

I know it’s not unique to Hype and I’m already using it in Saola that way. But, A direct option to edit the Inner HTML instead of running JS functions is better, in my opinion.

It probably won’t do everything you need but you can already add custom HTML to an element. Double click it and and a toolbar appears - click the </> icon and a simple HTML dialogue window appears.

I don’t think SVG can be added but form controls should work okay.

Hi,

We’ve planned to have custom elements with editable innerHTML in version 3.

Regards

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks.

That’s great to know.

Hi Hrishikesh,

Just want to let you know that custom element is now available in Saola Animate 3:

Regards

1 Like