Inifite loop animation

I wonder if it’s possible to include inifinite loop animation in ActivePresenter? For example, when the user is not interacting with a correct object in the slides, I may want to periodically highlight that object as a hint in case the user got stuck. This is a pretty common feature in general eLearning products. However, presently I need to manually set the number of animations and each only plays once.

Please let me know if this is possible or if there is workaround to achieve the same effect. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

You can use Animated Timer as a workaround. The idea is, after the timer completed, we will restart it to make an infinite loop animation.
loopAnimation.approj (232 KB)

Regards,

There is another way to do it is using Interactive Timeline. You can take a look at this sample: loopAnimationUsingTimeline.approj (236 KB)

Regards,

Very cool! The one with timer works really well, while the one via a 2nd timeline is more flexible.

Additional question:
for the one via a 2nd timeline, is it possible to do infinite loop of animation, but not immediately one after another, but say pulse, wait 3 seconds, repeat?

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. You can use JavaScript code to do that. Please take a look at the attached sample:
loopTimelineWithDelay.approj (236 KB)

Regards,

Are you able to do this with paths? I’m trying to have an object move vertically up out of the slide view and then have the timeline start over so it keeps doing that repeatedly. Tried to do this with the timer example you gave, but haven’t been able to get it to work.

Hi @ekauffman,

Yes, it’s possible to achieve this with paths and an interactive timeline. Please make sure to have the path locked.

Below is the sample project for your reference.
motion path.approj (436 KB)

Regards,