Increasing Show Times for Incorrect Messages

Hello all :slight_smile:

I am wondering if there is a way to increase the length of time that an incorrect message is on the screen or, preferably, keep it there until the user does something to remove it.

I am creating an interactive simulation where each screen has a text caption for an instruction and a mouse click box. If the user clicks correctly, the project continues; if the choice is incorrect, I would like the incorrect message to pop up with feedback and a reminder of what should be done. The problem is that the incorrect message doesn’t stay on the screen long enough to read.

Ideally, I’d like it to stay on the screen until the user hits a ‘try again’ button to clear the message; some of our users are not native English speakers so giving them the chance to read it at their own pace would be good.

I’m assuming I can use a regular text caption and hide/show it as needed, but because the incorrect message box automatically comes with the mouse click interaction, it’s easier if I am able to use it the way that I need to.

Is this possible or no? TIA!

samamara

My initial review did not yield any way to do this through the UI.
Not saying it isn’t there - but if it is - it did not jump out at me.
If that is true - I would, indeed, just build them the way I want, manually.

1 Like

Hi guys,

To increase the length of the incorrect message, you adjust the display time in the Mouse Click On Incorrect event.
Just enter the value you want into the Hide After spin box.

Or, you can deselect the Hide After option if you want the incorrect message not to be hidden automatically following the time set up.

Hope it helps.
BR,
Thuy

Thanks a lot @gregs :slight_smile: as always! I was hoping to avoid building them all manually since it’s a large project and building our simulations this way is the way we usually do it and I didn’t want to have to build them all the time. But thankfully it seems I don’t have to!

Thanks so much @PhuongThuy_Le - this is exactly what I was hoping to find! Very happy to see it here.

Thanks again, both, for all of your help!

samamara

1 Like

Hi again @PhuongThuy_Le - is there a way I can do this in bulk? I already have about 50 slides in this simulation and it will save me time if I don’t have to do this manually for all. If not, it’s ok, but I thought I’d ask anyway :wink:

Thanks!

LOL - I was pretty sure that I looked there but I clearly missed it.

We understand your concern, Samamara. But the current version of ActivePresenter doesn’t support this feature. You need to customize it for each slide manually.

Hi guys,

We value the interaction between users like you @samamara and Mr. @gregs :heart:
Your interactions and mutual support not only contribute to a vibrant atmosphere but also promote collaboration and share working experiences with ActivePresenter.

Keep up the good work :grinning:

BR,
Thuy

2 Likes

I thought I did as well but clearly I did not or in my haze of confusion just dreamed I did :joy::broken_heart:

No worries @PhuongThuy_Le - I’ll just go through and do it and maybe think of a different solution going forward. Thanks!

Also, thanks too @PhuongThuy_Le for your kind words on our interactions. I agree that working together like this encourages collaboration and better use of and learning about Active Presenter. But honestly @gregs is the real star here :star_struck:! Every time I come looking for help he’s there to support, as are you and your team. I love this forum!

samamara

2 Likes