Images get deleted when imported into Resources

I’m finding that images that I import into Soala become white rectangles, and the associated image files on disk get set to zero bytes. I have tried removing and reinstalling Soala, but it hasn’t made a difference. It happens with jpg and png files. The problem didn’t exist when I first started using Soala, but has appeared after about two weeks use of Soala.

Additionally, even when I have deleted the white rectangles in resources and saved the project, Soala thinks that the files are still in the resources area, and won’t let me delete the associated files on disk. I can only delete these zero byte files from my disk after I have closed Soala.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi fanvirk,

It’s strange because Saola Animate doesn’t make changes to any image resource files. It just copies them to the resource folder when you insert them into a project.
Please send the log file Saola Animate.log and the project package (File > Save As > Package) to support@atomisystems.com to see if we can find any clue.
You can find the log file in C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Roaming\ATOMI\Saola Animate folder.

About the second issue, Saola Animate will keep the deleted resources for undo/redo purposes and only delete them from the disk just before closing. You should not manually delete any file in the resource folder.

Regards

Hi Toan,

Have you been able to make any progress on this issue of images getting deleted ?

Hi fanvirk,

We can’t reproduce this issue in our tests.
Please try creating a new project from another disk drive or partition to see if this issue occurs.
If it’s possible, please share your project pakage and the log file as mentioned in my first answer so that we can check.

Regards

Hi Toan,

I did send the package and the log file as requested. They were sent on Monday the 7th to: support@atomisystems.com.
I have made a short video of this problem. The MP4 file is 451KB. I was hoping to upload this, but the forum won’t let me upload.

Hi fanvirk,

I’m not sure why we didn’t receive any email on this issue (I’ve also checked Spam folder).
Can you please send it again (you can CC me at toanls@atomisystems.com)?

Regards

Hi fanvirk,

I’ve received your files but still could not reproduce the issue.
It seems that the issue only occurs with some image files (zboy-1-test - Copy.png and zboy-2-test - Copy.png), is that right? If so, there might be some reasons as follows:

• Saola Animate doesn’t have permission to read and copy these files. Please check their permissons and make sure they’re not locked by a certain application.
    You can also try copying them to another location and importing again from the new location.
  • The file names or file paths contain special characters that Saola Animate can’t handle correctly.
    Please try renaming them in this case.
  • There are something wrong with the image encoding of these files so Saola Animate can’t read them. Please share one of these images for checking.

Regards

Hi Toan,

Thank you for your reply.

Following your suggestions, I have been able to import the files successfully from my desktop.

I then deleted the Soala log and initialisation files, and tried with a new project - but I had the same problem. However, after I created my own resource folder (called assets) within my Soala project folder and moved my resources from the Soala resource folder to my assets folder, the problem disappeared: I was able to import all the images that were in my assets folder.

It seems - on my system anyway - that the Soala resource folder may be the issue.

Thank you again for your time.

Hi fanvirk,

Did you import the files from your desktop or from their original location?

Regards