How to separately edit video and audio in MP4 import

Problem: I cannot seem to find an obvious way to separately manage the video and audio streams in an imported MP4 video clip. I want to utilise a recording of a person doing the voice over for my presentation, have the audio streaming for the entire presentation but only show the speaker video at certain times and in certain locations of the full presentation

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hi,

Please watch the videos below to know how to manage video and audio streams:

Here is how to separate audio from video with ActivePresenter:

Regards,

Hi,
Thanks for that. Very good to know!
Another question: If you record a video using the inbuilt webcam recording, it does get inserted into the project as two streams, one video and one audio, which makes it easier to manage separately. However, if you want to export these two streams to an MP4 file (ie combined video and audio) how do you do it? I note you can right click and export each stream separately, but not together…

Hi,

To export your project (2 streams) to video, open the Export tab > Video.
For more information, please refer to this tutorial:

Regards,

Hi,
Thanks for fast response. It is not the complete project I want to export. I wanted to know if I can just export the webcam recording as an MP4 file, in case I wanted to edit it in other software

Hi,

Currently, there is no option for you to do that directly in ActivePresenter.
The only workaround that I can suggest you is to copy these two objects to another project and then export that project to video.

Regards,