How to import animated 2D characters

Hello,

I would like to know how to import the different elements of a characters as asymbols in Saoala. I have them in an eps file.

Best regards,

Hi,

Saola Animate doesn’t support EPS files.
You can convert them to raster images (PNG, JPG…) or vector images (SVG) to import into Saola Animate projects.

Regards

1 Like

sorry i’m not an expert, i tried to import as an SVG but i’m kinda stuck because there is all my elements but it’s one image. is there a way for me to redefine every elements(hand, arm, head, body)?

In attachement an example of what i have.

Hi,

You can adjust properties in Background Image section and Position & Size section so that it only shows a certain part:

However, saving each parts as a separated files before importing them into Saola Animate is faster.

Regards

thanks a lot, i ended up importing images and now i have an other problem, i create a sprite sheet but the image is bigger than my scene. Somehow when i try to resize the sprite sheet it doesn’t work

Hi,

After creating a sprite sheet, you must switch Background Image X, Y, Width, Height unit to % so that the background will be scaled proportionally with the image element.

Regards

1 Like