How to get choice statements in the tincan.xml file

Problem: I have a small course with a few multiple choice questions, which I would like to track via xAPI. When I export to xAPI, my tincan.xml file doesn’t have the questions; it just has the node for the course, but nothing else. I have tried to generate interactions, but there doesn’t seem to be one that puts these questions in tincan.xml. For example, in Articulate Storyline, you can generate Submit Interaction triggers, and they will cause the statement and the choices, both correct and incorrect to appear in the tincan.xml file. I couldn’t find a similar capability with ActivePresenter. Is there one? Thanks a lot

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.0

Notes:

1 Like

Hi,

ActivePresenter only defines activities directly in statements. We will consider adding this in the next update.

Regards,

I don’t quite understand what “ActivePresenter only defines activities directly in statements” means. Does that mean the tincan.xml file will only have the one node? How do people track answers when publishing for xAPI?

Hi,

It means the activities are defined directly in the code. So, you will be able to view and track the progress on LMS (such as SCORM Cloud LMS).

Regards,