How do you you start the presentation paused?

Problem: HTML Export - the video starts playing with audio muted.

ActivePresenter Version: Required. 8

Notes: Sorry - I’m new at this, but it seems this should be something easy and I can’t figure it out. I’ve done some research and I understand why the audio is muted to start. So I’m trying to get the video to pause and let the user start the video. (I’m using only the demonstration mode). I have found the video playback options and set it to show the media controls and I unchecked autoplay. I see the play button, but the video still starts out playing without user input. I have tried to stop timeline, stop presentation, and end presentation in the on load event. (one at a time). None of these worked - the video starts regardless of what I action I use. I found the post, copied below, and I tried this as well without any luck. And quite frankly, this seems to be a convoluted way to accomplish what should be a one click setting.

• Click Interactions > Button.
  • Select the button and go to the Properties > Interactivity.
  • In the General section, select Pause Presentation to wait for user input.
  • Uncheck Just before hiding object.
  • In the Events - Actions section, add the On Click event and the Go Forward action.

Hi,

The way you mentioned is the correct way to pause the presentation. We will consider adding a paused option for demonstration mode if we get more requests from users.

Regards,

So if all I want is for users to watch the videos (they are instruction videos, but without any interactivity- other than starting the video), which mode should I be creating?

Hi,

Please use the Tutorial mode but you still need a button to start the presentation.

Regards,