Help getting a slide to fully reset

Problem: I am producing a short interactive “course”. My presentation has slides with some drag and drop interactions (e.g. move this item to this location) and also ones where you are meant to click on a certain area and it produces an action (e.g. click on this --> sound file is run). Once these actions are completed successfully the “next” button is activated.

A bit more detail the action is completed I have set to hide the drop/click boxes as well as the incorrect messages as well as sometimes the initial drag items so the presentation looks cleaner.

Unfortunately if you decide to return to the page or refresh, the items are in their new rather than old positions and the click action often doesnt work anymore. This is inconvenient because they cannot move back forward without the actions being completed again. Please advise.

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hi,

Maybe you can find the solution for your interactive course from this thread:

In case the above thread does not help, could you please share the project and its external data folder PROJECT_FILE_files if any so we can take a look at and understand your question better?

If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then email to support@atomisystems.com.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply- unfortunately that doesnt seem to do the trick. When refreshing the page or going back the drag items still dont return to their original position (slide 2). And the click action doesnt work in slide 3 when the page is reset. When you have a moment could you check the shared file below- it doesnt seem to let me attach it to the reply.

Many thanks!

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, you just simply need to add Clear User Input action to On Click event of the Prev button and the Reset image as in your project:

Please try this way to see if it can solve your issue.

Regards,
Yen

Thank you this has helped a lot! For some reason though one item on slide 2 doesnt reset position (black connector, image 20). Do you have any idea why this is the case?

Hi,

Please take a look at the edited project to see if it meets your needs:
SS Course(edited).approj (2.3 MB)

I just add the Clear User Input action to On Click event of the Prev button and the Reset image as I mentioned in my previous reply. Besides, I deselect Initial Hidden for the Drop Area_25.

When you click on the Reset image in the slide 2, all previous actions are reset.

Regards,
Yen

I couldnt open the file on my computer (dont have the privileges to update to the latest version of the software) but followed your instructions and it works perfectly- thank you!

I have one last question if its not too much trouble. I have set the “Next” button state to be disabled until the interactive actions are completed in the slide. If there a way to keep this to the normal state on slide revisit so the user doesnt have to complete the interactions again to move forward? I have checked the “retain state” property box but this doesnt seem to work.

Hi,

You can use Variables feature to achieve that.
Open the Home tab > Variable > create a True/False variable:

The, assign actions to adjust the variable as in the below images:

Regards,
Yen