Help_Creating Game

In creating a game, the directions says to create a question layout on the Master slide. However when I am in the master view on master slide, the question tab is grayed out, thus I cannot create the layout. Please advise.

Hi,

As you may know, a slide master includes a master layout and a set of custom layouts.
The Question layout is created by default (the 4th custom layout).
You can see its name when hovering the mouse over it.
Please take a look at the image below for a better understanding:

So, just select and customize this Question layout without adding further Question layouts.
All the changed properties you made here will be applied to the layout of all question types in the normal editing view.

In case you want to add more master or custom layouts, ActivePresenter also allows you to do that with a few clicks.
Please check out this article to get handy information about using Slide Master in ActivePresenter: How to Use Slide Masters in ActivePresenter 8 - Atomi Systems, Inc.
Alternatively, watch the tutorial video for details:

Hope that it helps.
Kind regards,
Thuy

1 Like

Thank you for your continued support.
New Snag. When testing out the game I’ve created, the slides will not moveto next slide once an answer has been selected. Please advise.

Hi again,

By default, after you select an answer and click the Submit button, a feedback layer will appear, for example, the Correct Feedback Layer.
Then, clicking the Continue button on that layer will navigate your project to your next slide.

Depending on the way you customize your project, the issue may come.
For better illustration, kindly send us your project with clear information so that we can further assist.
You can attach it here or email it to support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Wilma,

Thanks for sending your project.
We’ve checked it and responded to you via email.
Hope that it meets your needs.

Thuy

1 Like

Thank you. All suggestions worked.
I now get this error messaage when trying to import and add to my project. How do I resolve?

Hi,

This message is usually caused by incorrect syntax in the users’ JavaScript code.
It’s an error in the embedded HTML5 package.
To resolve it, you can run your exported HTML5 package > press F12 to open the DevTools > navigate to the Console tab. Here, it shows the wrong line in the script.

In case you cannot find it and look for further assistance, just send us your project.

Regards,
Thuy

1 Like

Thank you,
This is what I found. I have no clue as to how to resolve it. Is there a simple fix or should I send project to you?

It seems that you clicked the wrong tab, please click the Console tab instead.
If there is an error, it will be shown as the image below, for example:

As can be seen, an error is in the sixteenth line, file rlprez.js.

In your case, the only way to fix it is to find out the error and then open ActivePresenter and re-type the JavaScript by yourself.
If you have struggled with this stage, just send the project so that we can check.

Best regards,

1 Like

When I click console, the page is blank. Sending project via email for assistance. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the project.
Our response was sent to you via email.
So, please check it out.

Thuy

1 Like