Full Screen Toggle Button

Saola Animate version: 2.02

Notes:
Is it possible to put a FullScreen Toggle button on the scene so when viewing Saola Animate project in browser you can click the button and toggle fullscreen without having to press F11? If yes, how can I do that?

The fullscreen API browser support is a little messy - see https://caniuse.com/#feat=fullscreen

Attached is an example that uses a library that seems to help provide general support.

fullscreen.saolapack (2.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi mackavi,

Thanks for the reply and the example. After downloading and trying your example, I went looking and reading around the web at javascript toggle button codes, wow, the whole fullscreen thing is rather daunting and confusing! I admit I am very new at javascript but it seems like it might be better and easier to just put a note at top of project scene that says “For Full Screen Press F11” and they can toggle it with that, and whatever button presses work on Mac for full screen.
Is that the safer route to go, just tell them to use F11 key? I appreciate your input, thanks!

***Update: At first I could not figure out how to put that button and javascript into my own project, I was missing the part about importing the screenfull.min.js script. Now it’s working excellently, thanks again for showing me that example project button!