Font problem (urgent)

Problem : Windows browsers do not recognize fonts
ActivePresenter Version : 8.0.1

Notes : I just made my first HTML5 export of my module with ActivePresenter 8. Indeed, I worked until now with version 7.5.10.

Here is the link to my export:
https://demo.oieau.fr/Cedre/tutorial.html

If I view the module in HTML5 under MacOS, I have no problem with Safari, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

If I visualize the module under Windows 10, with Firefox, the fonts (Bauhaus Light) of the interactive contents (white column on the left) and the fonts (Bauhaus Medium) of the titles are not recognized any more. They are all transformed into Times.

How can I fix this bug?

Thank you.

Hi,

Please make sure that the Embed Fonts option is selected when exporting:

Regards,

Hello,

I have the same kind of problem : I check “Embed Fonts” when exporting to HTML5 or SCORM but when I play the export module with Chrome (version 119.0.6045.200) or Edge (version 119.0.2151.97), the fonts won’t be applied. However, the fonts work with Firefox (version 120.0.1).

I run ActivePresenter 9.1.3 on Windows 11, version 22H2.

Can you help me to fix that bug ?

Thank you very much,
Regards
__
Camille

Hi @pedagotheque,

Kindly share some slides from your project that use the problematic font so we can check. You can either attach the project here or send it to us via email at: support@atomisystems.com

Best regards,

Hi @Hang ,

I have just sent the elements by mail at support@atomisystems.com.

Thank you very much,
Regards
__
Camille

1 Like

Hi Camille,

Thank you for sending the files to us via email.

We tested the IBS Cartooning font and selected the Embed Fonts option in the export dialog before exporting the project. The result is working fine.

Therefore, the solution we recommend is to choose the Embed Fonts option, as mentioned in the response above, before exporting. Please double-check and ensure that the font is selected by verifying it in the Details option of Embed Fonts:

Note that if you don’t see the embedded font here, uninstall the font on your computer, reinstall it, and right-click on it, choosing ‘Install for all users’.

Here is some information regarding font embedding in ActivePresenter:
If you haven’t chosen the Embed Fonts option, the problem might arise from the font itself, or Chrome might recognize a different name (IBS instead of IBS Cartooning). This issue is unrelated to ActivePresenter, and unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance in such cases.
Additionally, please be aware that the preview HTML5 option does not currently support embedded fonts. If you opt for this choice, fonts may not display correctly in the preview.

Regards,
Hang

Hi @Hang ,

Thank you for your response. Thanks to it, I have identified the problem : I can not embed fonts if the fonts are only used in objects present in “Multiple Slides”, as it is the case in my project. So, I have inserted and hidden a text using the extra fonts to be able to export embedded fonts.

Regards
__
Camille

1 Like