Focusable Text Input

Problem: I’ve created some text input and I want them focusable one by time and letting the text that user entered, but doesn’t work. If I try with order by number focus, only the first field is focused.

ActivePresenter Version: 7.5.2

Notes:

Hi Juan,

If your text input objects appear at the same time, you can set their Submit key (Properties > Interactivity > Score & Reporting) to Tab key. After entering text into the first field, the user can press Tab key to submit and jump to the next field, and so on…

If a text input appears after the previous one is already hidden, it should be focused automatically. But in my tests it doesn’t work well across browsers (e.g. Firefox). In this case, please try pressing Tab key to focus to the text input field. We’ll try to improve this feature in future releases.

Regards

Hi,

I tried it but it’s the same, only first field is focused. When press TAB, this only submit the entry and enable the next field but doesn’t focus or jump to show the text cursor. I’m using Chrome browser.

Thanks,

Hi Juan,

Can you please share a sample project which has this issue?

Regards

Hi,

Yes, this is a part of the project with the issue.

ERROR.approj (4.0 MB)

Thank you

Hi Juan,

When the Tab key is pressed, the next text input is still hidden so it can’t be focused.
For the Tab key to work, please make all your text inputs appear at the same time.
If you want to prevent the user from clicking/typing into subsequent text inputs, you can use images or shapes to cover them as if they’re hidden, and hide these images/shapes when the previous text input is correct.

Moreover, all text inputs should have Auto or continuous (1, 2, 3…) tab orders. In your first slide, Text Box 83 tab order is 1, but Text Box 91 and 95 tab order is auto so it will not work properly. Please change the Text Box 83 tab order to auto.

Regards