Flickering transition between slides

Hi Friends, I have 6 slides. When I come from the main menu to the other slides following that, there is a flickering effect between the slides (Even without any transition effect). Sometimes it flickers once, other times twice. What could have caused this? I am using macOS Ventura (72Gb Ram). I even run after exporting to HTML5, and the problem persists.
I have a link attached here as an example:
https://elderscourse.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/HElp.zip

I would appreciate some help trying to stop it.
Thank you

Hi Denilson,

Thank you for sending the HTML5 files, but we need to take a look at your project to investigate the issue further. Could you please email us your project and its external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files to support@atomisystems.com?
If the files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive and share the download link (with access permission) with us.

Regards,

Here it is…

https://elderscourse.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sent+to+company.approj

Please let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Thank you for sending the project file.

Due to the large 4K video you are using, the browser takes longer to load and render. As a result, it might cause some flickering effects.
To solve this problem, you should include transitions between slides if you would like to use the 4K video like that.
In addition, we see that you reuse the AbtUs video on many slides. To not have to recreate the video at every slide, you can choose to show the video across multiple slides by right-clicking it and selecting Play over Multiple Slides > Bottom Layer.

Best regards,
Hang

Good day @Hang :slight_smile:

I found this older post when I was looking to solve a flickering problem I am having, and I do have a few small videos in it so I’m wondering if this is it. The videos I’m using aren’t large, I don’t think; they are 20MB and 16 MB, and are both just screen recordings created using the screen recorder on my Mac. I see the screen flickering in other spots of the project as well, but I don’t know if it’s an overall loading issue or what.

I would like to try your suggestion in this post where you said “To solve this problem, you should include transitions between slides”…is there a particular transition you recommend? I don’t want transitions to appear to the users if that can be helped, but that flash-flicker is pretty bad. I see it both in the project preview and when I upload the SCORM package to the LMS.

TIA!

samamara

If you link the post, I will know what you are looking for.
Thanks!

Hi @Denilson_Reis - sorry, I thought that by replying to the post it would just become part of it. This is the post I’m referring to: Flickering transition between slides

Thanks!

Good morning @samamara,

Regarding this flickering issue, if it’s the transition between two videos, you can use the last frame of the first video as a slide background image.
In case the issue persists, you can continue using the first frame of the second video as a slide background image or a normal image.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Hang :slight_smile:

The flickering is not between two videos, but perhaps it is on slides that are after the videos, which themselves are placed on blank slides. When I saw this original post I was thinking perhaps it was just having the videos in the project that was causing the flicker.

This post mentions adding transitions between the slides, but I don’t want users to see a transition as they are working through a simulation that should feel seamless.

I’ll continue testing the project today but if you have any suggestions in the meantime, I would appreciate it - thanks!

samamara

Hi again @Hang :slight_smile:

This post mentions merging slides into the background - do you think that could be a solution? I don’t think I can do that with videos, though, right?

samamara

Thank you for your quick response.

I mean 2 videos on 2 different slides. The solution mentioned in the original post involves using any slide transition that the user prefers.
Since you don’t want your learners to see the transition, I suggest capturing the last and first frames of the previous and next videos as slide background images of the 2 slides as mentioned earlier. Please try testing this approach to see if it resolves the issue.

Hang

@Hang - ok, I can try this. The videos are not back to back though…there is a video, then slides with images and interactions and then another video. So that’s why I’m not sure if those are causing the flickering or not.

I’ll try it and let you know - thanks again!

sam

Sure, Sam.

Please give it a try, and if it doesn’t work for you, kindly send the sample project highlighting the issue to support@atomisystems.com. We will thoroughly investigate and provide you with a suitable solution.

Regards,
Hang

1 Like

Thanks so much @Hang :pray: :smiling_face:

1 Like