Eyedropper not working since update 3.1.0

Problem: EYEDROPPER NOT WORKING SINCE UPDATE 3.1.0 IT- ALWAYS CHOOSES BLACK

Saola Animate version: 3.1.0

Notes:

When I click on the eyedropper and pick a color from another element on screen (yellow for instance) it chooses black every time, will not choose any other color, I can only change the color by NOT USING the eyedropper and directly clicking with mouse pointer on a color sample in the color palette.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Are you using multiple displays?
If so please move Saola Animate window to your primary display to overcome the issue.
I’m sorry for this inconvenience.

We’ll try to fix this bug soon.

Regards

Hi ToanLS,

I am using multiple displays. I had actually already tried moving Saola to the primary monitor, but when I do that and then use the eyedropper, it crashes Saola. I am still able to just use mouse pointer and choose a color from the palette but having the eyedropper is very useful for duplicating the color of something on screen, hope you can fix it soon, wow, never realized how often I used the eyedropper. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Locky,

I to use the colour picker all the time but I also have a windows tool that does the same job as I need to pick colours outside of Saola for use in a project. It’s called PicPick and might help you whilst Atomi fix the in-built one.

I also use a trick for managing colours that I use regularly, and across projects. I create an on-screen colour palette with the colour and hex code, then just use Saola’s show across screens option. Leave it just outside the scene or use a bit of CSS and it won’t appear in the published project.

Regards,

Hi Jeff,

This issue has been fixed in Saola Animate 3.1.1.

Regards

Hi mackavi, that is a really cool trick, great idea! I was trying to do something like that a while back but it never occured to me to use the show acress screens option, thanks for sharing it, and that PICPICK program is nice.
I have one other color picker I have been using for a while, called Instant Eyedropper, when you run it, it sits in the task bar and you left click and keep holding left button down as you drag mouse pointer to the color you want and when you release the mouse button it copies the color code # to the clipboard.

Thanks ToanLS…
It is working again, FANTASTIC, I use that eyedropper a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi ToanLS,

My wife had to go this morning to a medical urgent care facility so I did not get to install the Temp software this morning as I had hoped to do. I am back home now and ready to install the software.

1. Should I just open and go about using it like I normally would or do you need me to do certain things with Saola once I install and open the Temp file. ( I am talking about things like…do you need me to start out with my monitors configured left monitor #1 and right monitor #2 and set set the right #2 monitor as my Primary monitor which is how I would normally use them), or does any of that matter?

Hi Locky,

Please reproduce the issues with the Color picker window, and the Canvas right-click menu as I said in the private message sent to you on Jan 27 (with the download link of the temp version).
Please note that you need to restart Saola Animate each time you change your Display settings.

Regards