Export To Mobile Devices

Hello.
I am looking at purchasing Saola Animate but have a question on Mobile Device Export as I have used quite a few html5 editors on the market.

1. On export can you set the project to “Fit” or Stretch to Fit" the screen?
    If not, is there a way to insert code to make your project auto fit to screen size?

Many thanks
Deek

1 Like

Hi Deek,

The simple answer is yes, there is an option to fit to screen - so if your project is built at 1024 x 768 and you enable this option it will scale proportionately up or down. Here is a sample of a few scenes from a project for a client that shows that: Working at Height

However, Saola is much more powerful than simple fixed scaling and two of the key concepts to be aware of are:

• You can use relative dimensions such as percentage which would allow you to create projects that scale to 100% height and 100% width.

• You can build responsive projects where the layout of the scene can be defined based on the screen dimensions.

Yes indeed it IS more powerful that I expected. I’ve just spent the afternoon working through your YT tutorials and I am extremely impressed. I am an ex Hippani user and it’s not being actively supported anymore. I will be buying a copy of Soala.

The only hiccup is my JavaScripting skills not being very strong. Do you have a list of resources like button scripts etc that can be essentially cut and pasted then adjusted to fit custom projects? i’ve been through this forum searching for code snippets, specifically drag and drop functions but I can’t get them to work when pasted into Saola. I am just looking for a simple Drag and Drop that does not retract back to it’s position if not placed in a specific position. Just a simple “Drag an Object around” function?

Many thanks
Deek

Glad the YT videos helped. They’re quite old now and offer only a snippet of what you can build with Saola. Atomi also have many more videos and tutorials and their forum support is the best I’ve ever used.

D&D is the one core feature that would really help with Saola and I believe it’s being looked at. I believe that jQuery works okay for basic drag-n-drop and that there should be some samples posted on this forum.

Hi Deek,

You can see drag & drop samples using jQuery UI in this thread:

To make the drag source not revert to its original position, you can use the option revert: false. (In the sample project in the thread above, you can edit this option in makeDraggable function)

Regards

Hi.
Many thanks for the help but… I tried to edit the function and the square still drags itself to the drop area. when released.
Here’s my code: What am I doing wrong?

function onSceneActivated(doc, e) {
// init drag drop
makeDraggable(doc.getElement(‘dragsource’));

makeDroppable(doc.getElement('droptarget'));
  revert: false

}

Thanks
Deek

It’s ok. I managed to get it sorted.

function onSceneActivated(doc, e) {
var cob = {