Export of video freezes at random point of generation

Problem:
When I try to export a video into mp4 format, Active Presenter freezes at random points of generating the video.
I tried with my current project which is over 60 slides long multiple times even re-installed the program but the problem persists but never successfully exported this project.
So I sent it to my colleague who has the same version of Active Presenter and he exported it successfully, so the issue is not the project.
I tested it on a simple project with only three slides and no audio or subtitles.
When I try to export it sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. The first time it worked, the second export froze halfway, another try froze less than 20% in and so on…

ActivePresenter version:
version 9.1.2 released 2023.09.29
Windows 11

Notes:

Hi @natrak -
I will first admit that I have never attempted publishing to a video using ActivePresenter so I cannot speak from having had this happen myself but I noticed that you mentioned your colleague had no issues which would be evidence that it is not the application either - so I just wanted to offer some brainstorming help.

Perhaps there is something related to your computer specifically that is interfering…
Some ideas to consider:

1. Are there any other programs on your PC - perhaps ones that do similar functions? Maybe conflict.
  2. Are you trying to publish to a network location? This can be a problem with this sort of action. Always best to publish locally.
  3. Is it possible that there is some sort of virus/malware scanner that interrupts by trying to scan or by blocking the extension?
  4. Maybe another program that is simply running at the same time and taking up resources? Make sure only AP9 is running.
  5. Are all OS/driver updates in place?

Hoping you get this figured out soon.

2 Likes

Thank you, @gregs, for your active support as always :smile:
Hi @natrak, I’m sorry to hear that you are encountering issues when exporting videos with ActivePresenter. Please try the following steps to see if they help resolve the issue:

1. Update your graphics driver again. If the problem persists, kindly proceed to the second step.

2. Check the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering (takes effect from the next run) option (ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous). If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please move on to the next step.

3. Share the project (.approj) and its external data folder named in the form PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so we can check further. If the files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive and send us the download link.

Best regards,
Hang

1 Like

Thank you for both answers.

I checked most of @gregs brainstorming points before writing here.
@Hang I’ve tried the 2. point before and did not help, so today I updated the graphics and just to be sure also Windows and dell.

It is working now :partying_face:

Thank you again and have a nice day.

1 Like