Error while exporting video in HEVC format

Thanks for your description.

I want to add further information that ActivePresenter is mainly designed for creating high-quality training videos that normally have a duration of around 30 minutes. It has not been tested well for recording very long sessions yet.
We don’t encourage users using ActivePresenter to record the screen long time.
If you want to record a long session, some screen recorders on the Internet may be suitable for you.

I do understand you. But the thing is I LOVE ActivePresenter Soo much that I don’t want to switch to any other software. For this same reason since 2014, I have been using it. And honestly before this 9th version I never faced any hiccups. But since activepresenter 9 has so many new features. I want it to become flawless by contributing at least the small bugs that I face during its usage. Kindly don’t mind. I just want it to grow better as It gave a positive impact on my life for so long.

Thank you for your heartfelt message. We truly appreciate your loyalty and passion for ActivePresenter. But I still have to emphasize that using ActivePresenter for long-term screen recording is not encouraged. Since it may cause unexpected issues somehow.

Could you share a screenshot of your Export to Video dialog? We want to see how your settings are set up.

You can see that in the video attached in the drive link named ‘Screen Recording of Exporting project to video in HEVC Format’ Here you will find I showed everything starting from opening the app then opening the file then selecting for export to video. I have already shown all the settings in that video for your reference.

Still let me provide you the ss here too.

Hi, what’s the status of this bug? Will it be rectified in the next update or it may take some more time? Actually, I am eagerly waiting for it. And if there is an update coming will it release on this month’s end?

Hi there,
I am a brand new user and this thread raises some concerns for me. I am a Mac user and was planning to export in HEVC format. In addition, I am a college professor with classes 1 hour in length. So the vast majority of PowerPoint-type presentations I prepare are this long, if not twice that. While researching applications for this purchase I did not see anything to suggest that 30 minutes is the maximum video length I should plan on, or that HEVC would be unavailable to me - it is presented as an available option with no caveats listed. Are there other significant limitations on the Mac that I should be aware of that are not listed in promotional materials? Should I plan to seek a refund and change to another product before investing time in mastering ActivePresenter 9??
Thanks for your help.

Honestly, I think you should wait for a while and give the technical team time to rectify the issue. And I am positive that it will be resolved soon. This issue arose after the macOS 14. If you have macOS 13 then with activepresenter version 9.1.1, it will work absolutely fine. I can vouch for that as I have used it extensively and most of my projects were 2hr 30min to 3 hrs long. So rest assured even if your project is more than 30 minutes long, it WILL work. It’s just a recommendation from the team that their software is meant for projects that are 30 minutes long. But rest assured you will face no problem with your longer projects.

I have been using this software since 2014, and it has made significant positive changes over the years. This HEVC feature was introduced last year in October 2022 when Activepresenter Version 9 came into the picture. Before that, I used to export in H.264 and it worked just fine.

Let me tell you one more thing you will not find any issue with Activepresenter 9.1.3 if you use it in Windows. It will work absolutely fine. The only reason I am not using this in Windows for completing my projects in Windows is that my Windows laptop specifications are lower than that of my MacBook Pro. And since MacBook has better processors, more RAM and better graphic card, I noticed that the SAME project takes longer time to export and also the file size is greater than that of when exported in MacBook. So this is a Hardware issue, not a software issue.

Hence for this reason I am waiting for the team to rectify the bugs and release the improved version. I have complete faith in the tech team.

@Arnit_Dey
Thanks so much for your encouraging response! I really appreciate your taking the time to provide some assurance that the $$ I just spent for AP9 has not been wasted! It is great to hear from a long-time user on the Mac platform (my only system option). I do have high-spec machines, so with luck that will help matters!

Thank you for purchasing ActivePresenter, @Visorvet
We always encourage users to download and experience the Free version before deciding to purchase the product. The Free version is also the trial version, created to let users experience freely to see if the product meets their needs.
The most suitable time for recording is around 30 minutes but the maximum video length depends on user’s machines. It may be shorter or longer because of the machines.

If you have any more specific questions or concerns about ActivePresenter on Mac or any other features, feel free to ask on the Community or support@atomisystems.com. We’re here to help and ensure you have a positive experience with our software.

Have a nice day,
Thuy

Dear @Arnit_Dey,

We’re still investigating but haven’t found the reason why macOS 14 makes it slow and the file size is so large.
We’ll notify you once there is any progress.

Nice week ahead!
Thuy

Thank you.

Yes, I did download the trial version but it takes quite a while to learn to use software like this effectively, and my regular job keeps me busy for 60-80 hours per week so my time to use the trial is limited. Had I read this thread before purchasing the software I would have taken more time with the trial copy to make sure it will work for me, but I purchased it before I saw these “red flags” mentioned. You may wish to consider mentioning the 30 minute optimal time in your future advertising/sales materials - that would certainly have made me check functionality on the Mac in more detail before purchasing the software since my classes are generally 50 or 100 minutes in length.

But with luck I will not encounter these problems, and it looks like ActivePresenter has a great support team. I love that the Forum here is active, as well!

Warm regards,
Christie.

Dear Christie,

Much appreciated your feedback. We understand that learning a new tool can take time and we’ll consider how we can provide clearer information for users like you.

It’s nice to know that you find the ActivePresenter support team helpful, and we’re here to assist you if you encounter any issues. The active Forum is indeed a great resource for additional support and insights.
Look forward to making your ActivePresenter experience positive :slight_smile:

Yours,
Thuy