Error opening and closing files

These errors occur when I open and close some files … without distinction.
They do not affect the image or the sound, however, they open windows of constant errors and, later, the sound or image bar are distorted, as in the images.

As you can see, the sound line is linear, not as it should normally be.

When the error occurs, we can watch the video normally, with the sound and normal images. I just did not record it for fear of losing the file.
To assist, I forward the file log1.txt with the description of the error.
log1.txt (62.4 KB)

Thank you very much.

Hi,

It seems to be that ActivePresenter doesn’t have permission to read/write the location C:\User\Massarelli\AppData/Roaming\ActivePresenter and its sub folders. Can you please check the settings of your system or any installed security software if any to make sure that ActivePresenter has the right to read/write that location?

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks for replying, however, the situation is not so simple.

When I close the program and open, the same file, it works normally, without any “bug”.
I already checked the permissions of the folder and they are ok …
The problem only occurs when I open and close files simultaneously, for example:

• open file a1, watch and close.
  • I open file a2, watch and close.
  • I open file a3, watch and close.
  • I open file a4, so this file gives the problem presented.
    Then I close the program (only close the file does not work), windows shows that the program is in error and then I only open the program again and continue to watch and edit normally, until the same problem occurs.

I have already checked that the folder in question does not have a treatment, by the program, very logical, when closing the program it does not completely clean the folder … remembering that it is a “temp” folder, therefore it should be zeroed, I think…
I’m testing some hypotheses, for this I cleared the folder, deletes all the files (trash) and I’m opening the projects to test …

Thank you.

Hi Carlos,
ActivePresenter maintains a list of temp files it created and stores them in the file _aptempfiles.txt so that it will delete all those temp files when close.

In your case, for unknown reason the _aptempfiles.txt wasn’t there so ActivePresenter cannot store the list of temp files when it creates, which cause the error messages.

To fix this, we’ll need more time trying to reproduce the issue in our environment.
And we’ll keep you informed.

Best Regards,

1 Like

I’m impressed with the speed of service. Congratulations…

To help I did some tests, I realized that the program does not delete the files, the folder, when I first cleaned it, it had more than 20000 items, so I opened the program and edited a project (no problems) (220 files created) Only the project … then, 2 files were deleted, keeping 218 files in the folder, afterwards I closed the program, then all the files were deleted.
As you can see, the program is not deleting all the files needed when we close a project, only when we close the program.
Possibly this is the problem.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hi Carlos,

It is not the problem. The program still caches some files for the case user opens previous projects again. Can you please let us know does the issue happens with some specified projects or every projects? If it only happens with some specified ones, is it possible to share them so we can check?

Regards,

1 Like

Hello;
The problem happens indiscriminately.
Just opening and closing projects without closing the program will cause the error to appear.
I am also sending an interesting screen that eventually happens, as if the program read a part of the project, to project on the line.

As you can see, from the screen, the program was mounting the line of the sound graph, then the error occurs, however, nothing happens with the project, it works normally.
After the error, I close the project and exit the program, then everything returns to normal.

As you see other variations, I will be directing you to help them.

Thank you.

Hi Carlos,

It is weird. Is there any chance that your computer is running out of free disk space? It should be larger 2-3 times the size of opening projects and its external data folders.

Regards,

1 Like

Hello.
I think it is not possible to run out of space, I have 350 gb of free space …
Follows the image with the program open … it really has plenty of space.

Do not worry … as problems develop, I’ll post.
I would really like to be able to help, however, I am very satisfied with the program, it works very well and, taking out these workarounds, it is very effective.

Thank you!

Hello…
To help locate the problem, I tested it.
I was opening and watching one by one to various projects. I usually do this.
No project has more than 6 minutes.
In the screen below you can see the open projects and the error that happened:

The error occurred before this cracked portion.
At this point, the project did not reproduce the sound, it was mute. The rest of the project reproduced perfectly.

To close the program, I have to click the button, then, other windows appear, as follows:

To help, I attached the files with the errors of image 3 and 4 for not copying the entire image.log.txt (58.5 KB)
log1.txt (1.5 KB)

When closing the projects and the program, opening the project that gave problem, the project reproduces normally, including the cracked part, without presenting any problem, whether it is in the control part, underneath, or in the sound.

When I left the program, I went to the folder of temporary files and, collation, below the screen.

Once again, thank you.

Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately, we still could not find out the reason for the problem. The cracked portion of audio seems to be the effect but not the cause. We are getting stuck with this problem. :slightly_frowning_face:

Regards,

1 Like

Hello guys
I think I’ve been able to find the reason for the problem, at least to understand what’s going on.
I’ve been watching the behavior of the program while entering some files and leaving … generating the problem I described above.
In this observation I tried to see the behavior of the “temp” folder, believing that it is the pivo of the problem.
I checked that when I exit a project, the program most often deletes the temporary files that are created in this folder, however, when I “execute” the project, when leaving the project, it does not delete ALL the files, keeping some Files (I’ll call them lost files).
This happens with the projects I run, and when I open another project, it adds other files in the “temp” folder, which are not deleted too, adding more lost files in the folder.
As the folder starts getting 500 ~ 1000 files, the problem described above starts to happen, resolving when I completely exit the program and delete all the lost files from the folder, manually.
In this way, everything returns to the norm.

I hope this helps a little more.
Thanks for listening.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your detailed feedback. We will check and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hi Carlos,

We have tested with more than 1000 files in temp folder but the program still works well. Actually, the lost files are kept to make processing of opened projects more efficient and it is an intended design. However, we have just found a potential problem which may lead to the issue. Can you please help to test with the fixed version at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3hOg7Fkv-dva29jX182Ry1VTFE/view?usp=sharing to see if the issue occurs nor not?

Regards,

1 Like

Hello

You are fantastic.
Thank you very much for your confidence.
I’m testing it and initially, I realized that it did not give more trouble, at least regarding the locking.
I will do some more tests and check if the temp folder has any problems.
At the end of the week, I will send the pertinent observations, otherwise I will inform the solution of the problem.

Many thanks. :grinning:

:cry::sweat::sleepy::disappointed_relieved:

Hello guys.
Unfortunately, the problem continues …
I’m so sorry.
I know they will continue to try to solve it … if I can do anything to help solve it, I will be here.
I wish I could help more effectively.

Anyway, thank you for your interest.

Hello guys.

Trying to be clearer about the problem, I recorded a video in which I do the procedures and what happens. Since my English is miserable, I decided to write with google.

However the video has 65 mb, which makes it impossible to put it in this place.
If you wish, forward an email where I can send it to you.

I managed to decrease to 9 mb, with good quality … but you can not go up here …

I think you can understand and, especially, see when problems occur.

Once again, thank you!:grin::wink:

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your help in investigating the problem.

You can email to us at support@atomisystems.com. For large files, you can upload them to Google Drive or something like that then share the link to us.

Regards,

1 Like

It was forwarded.:face_with_monocle::wink:

Thank you!

We have received the file. We will check and get back to you soon.

Regards,