End screen keeps appearing on refresh, but I want the start screen to appear whenever the page is loaded

Problem:
My hidden objects game works fine until i complete it and get to the end slide. The problem is that when i refresh the page, it keeps taking me to the end slide instead of loading the first slide. This never happened before when i exported my project in the older version of active presenter. I have just uploaded to version 9 and when exporting a new version of the game, i get this problem.

ActivePresenter version: 9.0.7 for mac

Notes:
Old version of my exported game where whenever you refresh you get to the starting slide which is correct: Hidden Objects - Level 1 - Up in the Tree

I didn’t change anything in the game, so it must be something with the 9.0.7 exporting. Is there a way to fix this?
New version that keeps refreshing the end slide: Hidden Objects

Hi Sarah,

This happens due to some updates in our latest version.
You can fix this behavior following either way:

1. For your presentation to automatically restart when you reopen it, you can add the following events - actions to the On Load event of the project: (ActivePresenter > Project > Properties > Interactivity tab).
    On the contrary, clear this action will resume where you left off.

2. Check the Auto Advance option for the last slide:
    And check if the slide has any interaction that pauses the presentation (the interaction that pauses the presentation has a yellow vertical bar displayed in the Timeline pane, see the image below).
    Then, uncheck the Pause presentation to wait for users’ input option.

Hope this clarifies.

Best,
Quynh Anh

Ah, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m struggling with the same problem but this solution doesn’t work for me.

Creating a restart presentation event on project load results in the first slide failing to load (user is presented with a blank screen), I assume this is caused by the javascript I have set to execute on project load.

I also tried creating an event to go to slide 1 on project load, which solved that problem so the project loads, however I use prez.restart() to jump to different slides/timestamps, but now this just results in the project restarting at slide 1.

Is there a way to disable this behaviour so it works as before?

Hi @scottjones05,

I have not been able to understand your issue yet.

Kindly provide us with further details about the issue of slide loading and JavaScript with a screenshot or a video captured where the issue happens. This will help us detect the issue better.

Then please share your project and external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) so we can check further.
Please email it to support@atomisystems.com
If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then send the link to support@atomisystems.com

Looking forward to your follow-up.

Regards,
Quynh Anh

Hi,

I’ve made 3 example projects to demonstrate what I’m talking about.

Example problem.approj is an example of the problem, when the html output is refreshed or reloaded it starts at the previous point, not at the start of the first slide.

Example solution 1.approj shows the behaviour when I set it to restart the presentation on project load, the first slide fails to load and a blank screen is displayed.

Example solution 2.approj shows the behaviour when I set it to go to slide 1 on project load, this time the project loads and works however my navigation buttons on the second slide now just restart the presentation at the start of slide 1. (I remove the player functions from the output as I do not want users to have the ability to skip forward, but I want them to have the ability to repeat sections/slides/the presentation.

Hi @scottjones05,

Thank you for sharing the projects with us. We have checked the projects you shared and found that:

1. In the Example problem.approj, in the On Load of the project, you do not set any actions. Therefore, by default, the setting will be restoring previous session.
  2. In the Example solution 1.approj, in the On Load of the project, you set Restart Presentation but without any condition. Therefore, it will be repeated infinitely (Restart Presentation > project On Load > Restart Presentation > project On Load >…)
  3. In the Example solution 2.approj, in the On Load of the project, you set Go to Slide: 1. So the process will be Restart action → project On Load → reload slide 1.

So, to avoid issues as you see, please follow exactly what I guide previously in my second answer on this thread. You just need to set up like Example solution 1.approj and add condition like this:

Regards,

Thank you, this seems to work.

1 Like