Email copy of slide

I would like to email a copy of a slide not show when button is pressed.

I have my results screen and after that if they have passed then it shows a certificate. I have the java to print this but want to be able to email a copy of the slide as PDF, or Jpeg.

How do I do this???

Hi,

Unfortunately, ActivePresenter doesn’t support this feature.

Regards,

Do you know of a way to force it to print as pdf so they can email as attachment?

Hi,

It seems that there is no easy way to force to print the content as a PDF file. Users have to select the output format in the print windows then attach that PDF file in the email.

Regards,

Hi Chris,

Here is a sample about email (or download) a copy of the slide as PNG.

In this sample, the first slide contains two text boxes for users input their name and their email address (which will be used to send email).

The second slide contains the certificate. Because of some technical limits, this slide should only contain images and texts. Please take a look at On Load event of this slide - here we add custom javascript code for download or send email action.

We use Google Script to send the email. You can see the sample code here:

https://script.google.com/d/136EsVhYLTHH24W8eQftzpJ_GdJaSa4sTZ0meIFAIsjhEO143WoXrr5DQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the guide for deploying a Google Script as a web app:

https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/web

Hope this helps,

Certificate .approj (1.1 MB)

Regards,

Nam, Thanks for the assist.

This works so well and is exactly what I am looking for.

This template you supplied send from your email address, How do I change that to send from the learners?

Hi,

Sending email from the learners’ email requires users authentication. The web app will send email on behalf of users so I don’t think that is a good idea.

Regards,

SO how do I change to web app to say that email is from my website/address and not yours. I know nothing about JAVA SCRIPTING.

Hi,

Please follow this tutorial (find the Deploying a script as a web app section) https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/web to deploy your web app. After complete deploy, you will see your web app URL.

Then replace my web app URL by your web app URL in Slide 2 -> On Load -> Execute JavaScript

Regards,

Thanks heap, I have successfully created the button.

Hi Nam,

Is there any way to increase the text size on the resulting PNG from the default size (which appears to be about 10pt). The text appears too small on the merged PNG created by the web app.

Thanks much!
Scott

Hi Scott,

You should open the project then change the font size of the learner name text caption and export the project again.

Regars,

Thanks for the response, Nam. I increased the size to 28 pts in AP, saved, and exported again. Formatted text looks great on the screen, but the change had no effect on the resulting merged PNG (see image below):
Cert-Variable_Text

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help!
Scott

Hi Scott,

I’ve tried with the above project and it works well. Did you make any changes in your project?

Or you can send us your project so we can check.

Regards,

Hi Scott,

I forgot to mention that you have to select the learner name text caption then change the font size (just select the object then change format). Please don’t click inside the text caption to change the format.

Regards,

Hi Nam,

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I tried changing formatting only at the text caption object level, and same result. I am attaching a link to an excerpt of the project file with the two slides involved.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkBkpKDGqX3ZkfUZqOCG0lXQw0NDUg

Thanks again for all your help.
Scott
(P.S.: The email function is not working either but that’s probably another issue for another time.)

Hi again, Nam,

It seems to be a browser issue. The text size is correct in the merged PNG in Chrome but not in Firefox or Explorer. I can recommend that users access the module in Chrome; no problem.

So the only issue now is that I get a “Result: error” message when attempting to send the cert by email. I have copied your Code.gs exactly per your guidance above. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, you are right. The text size problem is related to browser compatibility. I’ve updated the code so now it can work with Chrome, Firefox or Edge.

It seems there is something wrong when you deploy the web app.
You should clone my code first. Then you have to deploy your web app with the following options to allow the web app can send email on behalf of you:

Regards,

Nam, are you able to resend the google code, as we have the same issue and then I can redo all my modules.

Hi Chris,

The Google code is the same as the original. I only change the JavaScript code, please see the code in On Load event of Slide 2:

Certificate.approj

Regards,