Disable autoplay

Since browsers mute audio on start up, consider adding a setting to enable/disable autoplay upon loading the page and the default setting should be to wait for the user to press the play button to start the presentation/video.

In the meantime, what is the best way to accomplish this now? (or is there already a feature like this that I just can’t find?)

Hi Terry,

You don’t need a setting, just add a Start button to the first slide and require your users to click that button to continue.
However, event-actions will not work in Demonstration mode so we’ll consider an option for this mode if there are more requests.

Regards

I totally agree that it will be helpful if we can enable/disable autoplay presentation during loading page. That makes our students do not feel rushed and follow their own pace. I hope Atomi developers will enable this feature soon.

1 Like

I also believe that you should be able to set auto start on or off, as a number of my users had requested it, not only for the start but also on resume.

While the start button works for an opening slide, if a user resumes a SCORM based presentation, it launches straight into the last recorded position, often with voice-over being missed before the user realises they are on mute.

The player from iSpring, perhaps one of your largest competitors, pops up a message (see image) asking you to confirm if you want to continue from where you left off. I would like to see the same feature in ActivePresenter.

iSpring restart notice

Hi Ian,

We’ve implemented the resume confirmation message in version 9, which hopefully will be released next month.

Regards