Could not export image, audio, video issue

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a project, and I keep on experiencing when I try to preview my work in a browser:

I also experience those for other media like audio and video. The weird thing is that I am not working on removable media or networked devices, and it seems that the media needs relinking to the actual path where it resides.

This is really a hassle since I had to relink all of those components again. This has been experienced multiple times already, and I was hoping there was a good solution.

I tried importing the elements, but it doesn’t work, and it needs to be relinked individually. I just hope this issue gets fixed. Thank you!

Hi @iamlarasmith,

Could you please clarify this:

I tried importing the elements, but it doesn’t work, and it needs to be relinked individually.

Besides, would you mind sharing the following files to support@atomisystems.com? This will allow us to investigate the issue more effectively.

• Your project along with its external data folder named in the pattern PROJECT_FILE_files (if any);

• The ActivePresenter log (ActivePresenter button > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log).

Regards,

Thank you for this prompt reply. :smile:

What I am trying to say is:

1. Relinking individually - I have to click the media element for example an image that looks gray already and browse for the original to make it work again.
  2. Importing elements/media - So I try to browse and import media files using this:

Just for clarity, where can I find the project_file_files? Is it created automatically? If it is, where can I find it?

Thank you for your clarification. I understand it now :smiley:

The PORJECT_FILE_files folder is automatically generated when the video or audio resources exceed 50MB. It is located in the same directory as the project file like this:
external data folder

If the folder is not created, you can simply send us the project file (.approj).

Regards,
Hang

Thank you for this. :smile:

May I know how can I send this to you? What email should I send it to?

Yes, please send the files to support@atomisystems.com.

Hi @iamlarasmith,

According to the log you sent via email, unfortunately, the project has been corrupted. Could you please scan the hard drive to check for any errors?

Regards,

Thank you for the feedback…
What specific steps do I need to do to scan for errors?

You can search for tools on the Internet or use the default tools provided by Windows. The steps are:

• Right-click Start, select File Explorer in Windows 11/10/8.
  • Select This PC. Right-click or tap-and-hold the drive suspected to have errors (e.g., drives D and E where you are saving files). Select Properties > Tools > Check > Scan drive.
  • Wait for the scan to complete. Follow any instructions given. You may be instructed to restart.

Regards,

Here’s the result:

Is there any hope for this file?

Hi,

We haven’t yet identified the reason why your project has been corrupted. It appears that you may have deleted some parts of the project you sent us, as we were able to open it normally without any issues as you mentioned. Please send us your original project, and we’ll attempt to recover it for you.

Additionally, please note that you should not open or edit the project on a network drive, and avoid copying the project file while opening it in ActivePresenter.

Best Regards,
Hang

Hello Lara,

is this your own computer or a company one? Sound a bit that you have no write access for this folder where you save your Active Presenter projects.

Hi Oliver!

This is my personal device that I am working on.

Hi Hang!

Thank you for your reply. I needed to finish the project I was working on so I decided to start from scratch. Indeed a hassle to start over but I think would be faster than to wait if there’s hope for recovery on this file.

With this experience, I would like to recommend a feature in case… Would it be possible to set a specific directory or path wherein ActivePresenter would browse and look for the files automatically within a project based on its name? That would be awesome and would help.

Again thanks for the support.

Thank you for your feedback, Lara.

About your feature request, it’s already on our To-do list and we plan to enhance it in the future.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Perhaps a bit late to the party here but I noticed that the drive letter scanned in the screenshot above was Drive E:\

Is this a flash drive or some other portable drive?

In a Windows environment the local drive is usually C:\ and an extra storage drive that might be installed would be D:\

Other pluggables often take on the next available letters after that unless specifically mapped.

I wonder if there was a hiccup working to it or if another portable was used and plugged in a different order causing it to take the letter that was assigned last time it was used or something odd like that. That could help explain the need to relink as well.

I always advise working 100% locally - (to internal drives)

Hi gregs!

It’s a partition of the internal hard drive dedicated to saving my projects.

1 Like